Struggling

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 636 replies
  • 29 subscribers

It’s just over ten months since I lost my wonderful husband Alan,but I seem to be struggling more now than the start of this horrible journey.Im waiting for a appointment for counselling but there is a 3month wait,I’m going to try and go to the drop in cafe tomorrow,it’s on twice a month.just hope my panic attacks don’t stop me,plus I have chronic pain syndrome.But I am going to try.Alan was my rock he helped me through my panic attacks he was always understanding and trying to do all this without him is so hard.I know we all are on the same journey trying to adjust to life without our husband/wives.but god it is so  unbearable.I got up this morning dressed to go out but still sat here,just feel lost in the town on my own.Sorry for rambling on but I know people on here will understand.hope people are having a better day than me......          Val xx

• Hi Newb

I am finding having a few beers of an evening helps take the sting out of the tail. I don't like spirits so there's no chance I'll become dependant on strong alcohol. You have my heart felt sympathy as we are both walking the same path.

Bless. Geoff

At the end of all our journeying will be to find ourselves back where we started knowing the place for the first time. TS ELIOT.

• Hi Geoff . Your world is my world exactly. Winnie and i always shopped together , now it is in and out as quick as I can . I don’t do anything anymore because it’s seems just pointless. I am also getting sick of the tv and can’t concentrate to read . I might go for a walk but that only lasts half an hour and then it’s back to looking out the living room window or looking at the I pad with a pint of beer . And I wish I could join my Winnie as well. So Geoff we are very similar. How long were you with Anne for , we were together 44 years and married for 43. 

Thinking of you Geoff. 

Mike 

Love you always Winnie xx
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Geoff999

Hi Geoff

John and I loved our home grown veg and I've carried on with some of them.  Didn't  do potatoes this year, too much trouble,  but I've already harvested peas, beetroot and beans, which John planted back in March,  pretty much the last thing  he was able to do. It feels a bit weird,  but I know it's what he would have wanted. Whether I'll  do it next year,  who knows.

Anne x

• I wish I could have a beer got a hiatus hernia so can't drink beer would love a pint right now wish you luck geoff

Ian
  • FormerMember

Geoff

I wish I could sooth your pain.

We took on a new allotment last year when we moved house. Wanted to grow our own and spend our free time outdoor. Since my husband fell in we not been there. I went there yesterday to have look. The weed took over everything. Will have to give it up as i won't manage it alone. 

I am also panicking with almost everything i am w. The volume of paperwork i nees to deal with is just not something i want doing right now.

When my husband was discharged from hospital he told me what he would like to eat. I went shopping and bought everything he wished for. I cooked his favourite braised pig cheeks. He loved them with mush and green cabbage. I made his favourite breakfast poached eggs and bacon but he hardly touched anything. His appetite went down each hour. When I mentioned food he got agitated. He completely stopped eating. He died 9 days after he was discharged.

Since he is gone i not been eating. The food i cooked is still in the fridge as you said i cannot be bothered. Keep telling myself i have to clear the fridge. Maybe tomorrow. 

At least we got each other in this group where we can say anything without being judged. 

Andrea

• Hi Mike 

Anne and I would have been married 50yrs in September. Half a century of love and companionship then nothing. 

Bless. Geoff

At the end of all our journeying will be to find ourselves back where we started knowing the place for the first time. TS ELIOT.

• FormerMember

Hi Geoff, 

I know at the moment it may not mean anything because of the anger and hopelessness you feel, but try to think of all the memories you had together during those years.

We we together for eight years only and wanted to retire together as we had each other only.

We all feel the emptiness but the good thing is we can chat to each other and talk about our feelings which we would probably never tell anyone else

Andrea

• Hi Andrea that is so true we have got to remember the memories. And talk to each other. Because we are the only ones who understand the pain. I also still talk to Winnie. 

Mike 

Love you always Winnie xx
  • 28years  24th this month I also chat to my wife hoping one day she will reply. and I feel sure she will one day I hope  

Ian
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Newb

I am sure she will reply one day. 

Before my husband passed away he told me he will be looking down at me and protect me. 

I am sending you all a big hug. I wish it was real though not a virtual. 

Andrea