A month already but I just feel his love.

• 2 replies
  • 26 subscribers

its hard but also I feel an enormous    sense of love, I know Jerry's not going to come back but I don't feel he's gone either. I'm tearful at times but at other times I just feel happiness at the memories we have.  Ive slowly been getting rid of his clothes  and sorting out all the paperwork I can only do a bit at a time as it's exhausting. It could be I have some or we have some fantastic friends that are helping and our three sons as well. So yes I'm sad and tearfull at times but mostly I'm so bloody proud of all the things we did together and the way he dealt with his terminal diagnosis. 

• Well done you.

What a lovely post and way to feel about your life. I'm so glad you have support and are slowly sorting things. I found I could get up some days and be productive and others do nothing. It's all fine, it's how we cope there certainly isn't a rush other than the paperwork which can be a headache!!

I also am incredibly proud of how my husband coped with his illness, our 3 children too and now they are a great comfort and support to me. 

I honestly do not think we know how strong we are until the worst happens.

I hope today is a good day 

• Ruby diamond x
  • Hi puddle fish,

I totally get you puddle fish. I too draw upon the strength I get from way my husband dealt with his terminal illness. I have so much respect for him and his attitude was an inspiration for both myself and our friends around us.

At times continuing the positive attitude has been a bit conflicting for me. It is important to be kind to yourself during these times. 

As you have said grieving is exhausting so make sure you take care or yourself. Feeling grateful for the happy times you had together goes a long way towards this process.

Yesterday would have been my first wedding anniversary and had a lovely day with friends I met up with throughout day. Whilst I have regrets that we did not marry sooner I am so glad we finally did it , which added to the amazing year we had together in 2018.

With lots of love,

Dutsie