Shuting out

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 10 replies
  • 24 subscribers

So my one last friend im thinking of cutting him out of my life ,he hasnt done anything wrong but in 32 years everyone has turned there back on me .mainly because they are wrapped up in there own world i have a sister and thats it ,a mam who ran  away a father who ran away  a sister who doesnt bother a brother that i havent seen in years and my wives inlaws who i cut off because they where giving me the shut out treatment stopped texting as much stopped coming to see me ,and everyone just dont care so im thinking about cutting this person out now..because you can only rely on your self in this world when linzo died ppl where like we will be here for you that lasted less then a week. i really really really hate myself and even tho as ive said many times i wish i was dead ,i really do wish is was dead but i cant because one day my daughter might come back in my life .i wish i could just have new friends real friends but because of social anxiety its difficult to get out .i know ppl on here say we are your friends and thats nice but you know what i mean .so i guess its time to take my night time meds and wake up feeling like a zombie .life is just crushing me at the moment all the help im waiting to get is waiting list after waiting list...at least i have my wifes teddy and our cat ,,,,i hate myself so much if i could i would just walk out infront of a moving truck but because of tgat %50 chance of my daughter i cant and until she does come back everyday is hell for me and like a prison sentence ...oh lindsey  i just wish you where here theres no words to describe how much i miss you and am hurting ,love you now always and forever and all the world and universe and galaxy x

• Peter, why do you feel so much hatred towards yourself?

I don't like the term "moving on" because it sounds to me like we are leaving our loved ones and the life we had with them behind. I like the term "moving forward" as it implies that, while life goes on, our loved ones are still with us in our hearts and minds. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to MelanieL

Because i failed trying to save my wife ,,and it should of been me not her she was too young so beautiful she brought so much love and kindness to the world  i should of saved her and i hate myself going to sleep niw will reply in morning if you reply back good night x

• FormerMember

Because i failed trying to save my wife ,,and it should of been me not her she was too young so beautiful she brought so much love and kindness to the world  i should of saved her and i hate myself going to sleep niw will reply in morning if you reply back good night x

• FormerMember

Cause i should have saved her and failed

• Peter, what makes you think you could have saved your wife from dying of this terrible disease?

What could you have done to save her or make the outcome to be any different?

Where do you feel you are at fault?

I don't like the term "moving on" because it sounds to me like we are leaving our loved ones and the life we had with them behind. I like the term "moving forward" as it implies that, while life goes on, our loved ones are still with us in our hearts and minds. 

• FormerMember

She was just scared and feel it was my fault that i couldnt save i felt it was up to me as her husband and i was confident the chemo would work and then when they stopped it we had oil and that stopped her pain but not the cancer i just feel like i let her down ..its hard to undeestand or put into words what i fully mean x

• Well done on trying to put into words.

Of course she was scared. I think all cancer patients are scared right after their diagnosis and all the way through their illness because cancer is such a serious disease.

Of course you were confident the Chemo would work. That is what we all did - be hopeful and confident that the Chemo or whatever other treatments our spouses were getting would work. Because we so desperately wanted them to work.

You got the oil which stopped her pain, which was a great achievement, but couldn't stop the cancer unfortunately.

Peter, I think the reason why you can't fully put into words what you mean is because some part deep down in you knows that everything you are feeling right now comes from the helplessness and despair you feel because of the intense grief you are going through right now.

Some part in you knows that you couldn't have saved her. And that's not because you weren't a good enough husband or too careless or because you overlooked something important that could have saved her. You couldn't save her in the same way that none of us here could save our spouses. Cancer is a disease where the cells in a person's body get damaged and change, are no longer able to die and divide constantly, tumors grow, the cancer spreads and, unfortunately, in so so many cases this leads to death, often so much sooner than they would have died if they had been healthy. This is not our fault. It is a disease. And it is out of our control. Even whether we ourselves get cancer or not is out of our control. So noone is to blame.

• FormerMember

Heart 

• When you say "It's schocking you can't express how you feel", what makes you say that?

did you mean that it was shocking for you to see that you weren't really able to put your feelings into words or did you feel that the replies here didn't

• Peter, I think McMillan was right to take the post down. Actually, you had mentioned this particular topic before and I had been asking myself when they would take the post down every single time.

There are many very vulnerable people on here. And you have to keep that in mind when you post.

I think what you reall need is some one-to-one therapy and not an online forum to work through your stuff, of which the death of your wife is only one.

Good luck in the future

Mel.