Cant sleep 00.07am

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 6 replies
  • 24 subscribers

Cant sleep ,km cuddling lindseys teddy trying to think of a good memorys ,but all i keep thinking about was that last day with her...the swabs came out to wet her mouth ,she was so restless that the district nurses came out every hour to give her levomapromazine .she was so scared scared because she knew she was going to die.somehow half n hour before she passed away i brought our cat in and she picked her up even thought lindsey was so weak .she wasnt making much sence when she talked,but everytime i said i love you lindsey she knew it was me and she said love you more .when she passed away ,i remember thinking sod this i am going too get in to bed and have a cuddle with my wife ,i put the sheet over us and holded her hand and talk to her and kissed her ,i could have stayed there all night ,but the nurses said peter they have too come and take lindsey and it was 1am and i said can i have til 6am to stay with her but i only had another hour and a half .i have so many good memorys but i keep tryin too think of the good memorys but i just cant stop thinking about them last few hours with her ...before lindsey got ill she use to say peter if you try not too think about somethink that you dont want to think about ,the chances are your gonna think about it ,so just think about it and try not too look too far or try too hard not too think about it ,if that makes sense ..i remember everyone trying to calm her down and the only person she would listen too was me ,.she was so strong so brave so beautuful she was my wife and i loved her more than anything ,it hurts so much when i have no control over the thoughts that pop in my head of that last day ......lindsey if your reading this i love you and even tho we where together ten years we spent so much time together that it felt like a hundred years of happiness ,i will love you always and forever .i dont want to live in this world at times,but when my daughter your daughter in law comes to our door one day i have too be there to answer it ..if i didnt have mollie id jump off a bridge tomoro but mollie needs me but i want too be with you lover in heaven but if im not there to answer the door when mollie comes back one day then mollie will have to go through the pain of losing someone she loves and i could never forgive myself and i know you would want me too wait for her...im not looking forward to spending xmas on my own which i will be be because i have no family or anyones place i can go to im not looking forward to our birthdays in july .yours on 13th mine on 11th ....i hate not physically being with you everyday ...but i have to wait for mollie .everyday feels like a knife in my heart ...without you around anymore ,but i know you and you know me so well that if i talk to you i know what you would say back ,so even thought im alone im not alone cause your voice is in my head and our hearts are two hearts as one ...its just that image in my head of that last day which is very graphic in my head and its not as easy to say try replace it with a good memory ......my thoughts go out to anybody who has lost someone as hard as it is for me i know everyone on here is struggling and its so heartbreaking and each second of the day is harder and harder i do think about everyone on here and i care alot about people i will always listen or feel free to inbox me .life is cruel and i get so angrry why this awful diesease takes away the ones we love the people that  mean the world to us take care everyone...ps sorry if my spelling is poor or wording isnt the best but i care and just want the same as everyone i just want the love of my life back ....i hope i see my wife in my dreams tonight peace and love too you all xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi what a heart felt post. You had an amazing relationship and a very special lady. Yes you're right that you need to be there for your daughter. 

The memories are so upsetting why our minds do it I don't know. I would see my husband's face but had to keep telling  myself he's  at peace the pain had stopped and that was my message to myself.

You can also take comfort that you knew Lindsey what she would think and say. So you'll  know what's best. 

I hope you and Mollie can have a better day. How are the sunflowers? Thinking ahead is hard so just little steps now this morning today...

Take care xxx

• Hi Peter,

What a heart/felt post. I think you are really a strong person. And Lindsey would be very proud of you for how you do your best to carry on without her physically by your side.

I think we all have days when we don't really want to be here anymore. But we all, like you, have reasons that keep us going. But more than the reasons that keep us going - like in your case your daughter - we have to remember that the ones who are gone - Lindsey in your life and Paul in mine - would not want us to leave this life, they would encourage us to live, they would encourage us to embrace life, and they would be very sad if we decided to end it all.

I think your idea from the other day was lovely about Christmas and helping homeless people. This is the kind of thing that we are perhaps left here to do: good things for other people that our loved ones would have wanted or loved to do themselves.

You know, since my husband died, I have been trying to bring complementary therapies into the hospital where he died. Well, they have some, but I would love to work there and be of service with the therapies I offer. I have been rejected again and again by the hospital - well, mostly with silence only - but I will keep trying because I know that my husband would be proud of me for trying to do this.

I know what you mean about the memories of the last hours and moments coming out more than the good memories. This seems to be something that happens in grief. First you have all the memories of the trauma f seeing them suffer and eventually die. But I can tell you that, over time, the memories of the good times will become stronger and the memories of the last hours and moments less intrusive.

Love, Mel.

I don't like the term "moving on" because it sounds to me like we are leaving our loved ones and the life we had with them behind. I like the term "moving forward" as it implies that, while life goes on, our loved ones are still with us in our hearts and minds. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to MelanieL

Thanks mel ...thank you for your kind words and supoort .love peter x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

The sunflowers arent coming through yet but when the sunshines i know its because of lindsey .thank you for you kind words takecare xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thank you for sharing. The most special days in our lives will now become the most difficult. Birthdays, holidays.. I like the idea of spending those days doing something that would honor your loved one. Is there something that Lindsey had a passion for? A special cause? The last few days I would lay in the hospital bed with my husband just to be close. He had a special "prayer quilt" that was given to him. I now wrap myself in that quilt for comfort. We have 3 daughters and they are my reason for going on. I think this group will be a great support for all of us going through this very difficult time. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Just paint by numbers and music ..but she was amazing ,,,yes i sleep with my partners cardigan on and that brings me comfort...im sorry for you loss ...my thoughts go out to you and your daughters n family stay strong takecare xx