Awful 6 months

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 6 replies
  • 24 subscribers

In November last year my husband went into hospital with a large abscess in his groin. He had 3 operations to remove it and during the last operation they took biopsies and in February this year we were told he had secondary squamous cell carcinoma primary unknown. March 1st he moved to willowbrook hospice as there was nothing they could do for him in hospital and on April 10th he passed away. Leaving myself and a 3 year old. At first, when he passed away, I was relieved that he was suffering anymore but now a month on, I am really struggling especially around my little one.

• So sorry for your loss.  It must be very difficult especially with a 3 year old, but on the other hand she/he must keep you going.  It is good to think they are not suffering any more.  You have to look for the positives, but you are still suffering.  This is a very long and hard road to travel, but keep looking for those positives and the main thing is to be kind to yourself, eat when you can, sleep when you can rest when you can and treat yourself.  It’s all about you and your 3 year old now.  Your husband is out of pain and safely locked in your heart forever. Take care and keep posting.  This is a very supportive site and hopefully will help you in your journey. Xx Dolly

• I'm so sorry you are here and have watched your husband pass with this awful illness.

You and your child will miss and love him forever, but you are stronger than you realise. Be kind to yourself, the trauma of what you have been through is very new. Take things slowly, only do the essentials, eat and rest when you can.

Your little one needs you and will keep you going, it's ok to be sad, angry, silly and happy Infront of them.

Post here when you need, we are all at different stages on this grief journey.

• Ruby diamond x
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to likido

Thanks Dolly for your kind words. My little girl does give me a lot off strength. I find it hard to be around her sometimes, I find it hard to keep going as though everything is ok. This is definitely going to be a long and painful time. X

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Ruby Diamond

Thank you for your kind words. I’m trying to stay positive and strong. It’s so hard loosing another loved one. I know I’m not a lone, although it feels like I am but I will keep going, the best I can x

• That's all any of us can do Hugging

• Ruby diamond x
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

How very hard for you both it must be so difficult yes you are right we have to remember that they are at peace now. Do what is essential and important but take time for you and your little one. Emotions and physical matters can be up down and all over. I hope you have support and love around you and financially ok. Macmillan can help and citizens advice. Please prioritise what's important to you and this group is great post when you feel like it everyone is very aware of how this is now xxx