Recently bereaved

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 24 subscribers

Hi its just over a month since my partner passed away. We were only together 4 years but feel heartbroken. I've gone back to work & trying to keep family life as normal as possible. I feel so tired & irritable all the time though & my concentration isnt at its best either. Anyone else having/had similar feelings? 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello Spud50

your reactions are quite normal, everyone has a different sort or grief. It is 11 weeks since my husband died and I am going through all sorts of feelings

People on here have told me to be kind to myself, and I am trying to be, we sometimes expect too much of our self.We are all going through one of the worst experiences of our lives, I find this forum very supportive. Keep on coming on it, even if you don’t feel like posting

Sorry I can’t give any more practical advice, maybe someone will come on with more suggestions

Kindest  Regards

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Thank you. I have to agree it is one of the worst experiences of my life. I too have been told to be kind to myself but then feel guilty when I am. I have had cross words with my partners Mum & niggly with those close to me. I know in time things will get better

• Dear Spud50,

I am so sorry for your loss and glad you have joined this group because it is so important not to feel alone in this very difficult and heart-breaking situation and to be able to share your story and read other stories of people who are in a similar situation can be so helpful.

The feelings you describe are very normal. Irritability, tiredness, exhaustion, sadness, anger, frustration, despair, hopelessness... They are all part of grief and the grieving process and will hit all of us at different times on this journey.

Take it one day at a time and don't be hard on yourself or expect of yourself to feel a certain way or do certain things at certain times. Give yourself time to come to terms with what has happened. And keep posting here if you like.

Love, Mel.

I don't like the term "moving on" because it sounds to me like we are leaving our loved ones and the life we had with them behind. I like the term "moving forward" as it implies that, while life goes on, our loved ones are still with us in our hearts and minds.