Cancer stories

• Community News : ‘I know that there are people out there who care and can help, I’ve learnt to talk, talk and talk’ – John’s story

'Prostate cancer awareness Month - John's story' written over a photograph of a wintery field at sunset.

As Prostate Cancer Awareness Month draws to a close, we wanted to reflect today on what this awareness month means. Prostate Cancer Awareness Month is a time where we shine a light on the experiences of those who have been diagnosed with prostate cancer and also raise awareness, not only of this disease, but also of all the support that is out there for anyone who has been affected by prostate cancer.

One of the most…

• Community News : Brain cancer Awareness month- Simon's Story

A min wearing a life vest smiling at the camera

Simon is 45 years old from South Wales and today he is sharing his cancer experience as part of Brain cancer awareness month. If you or someone you know has been diagnosed, our Brain cancer groups are here to support you.

I have had poor health most of my life due to a neurological condition called Neurofibromatosis. When in my teens I had lots of problems with my bowels and lived with a stoma bag for a year and had…

• Community News : Cancer & me 35 years on - International Women's day

International Women's Day written next to a photo of Willo on the fourth plinth on Trafalgar Square surrounded by her art.

Today marks international women’s day, a day where we celebrate the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women. It is also a day to highlight women’s issues and rally for gender equality. Here at Macmillan we are dedicated to supporting anyone who has been affected by cancer and champion for better cancer support for all. Hearing and listening to the experiences of everyone is vital in…

• Community News : Ovarian Cancer- Anne's Story

A picture of a person with 3 dogs around them and a house in the background

March is Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month so to recognise this, Anne who is known as KralC on the Community, has kindly shared her blog post ‘Who…?’ to tell her story and spread further awareness of Ovarian Cancer.

We would like to take the opportunity to thank Anne for sharing her personal experience with the wider Online Community and send our very best wishes to her with her ongoing treatment and…

• Community News : Let’s talk about treatment: Prostate cancer and zoladex injections

"Let's talk about treatment" written over a grey background, with a white mug, a notebook and a pencil on a table.

In today’s Community News Blog, we’re kicking off Prostate cancer awareness month and our new “Let’s talk about treatment” series. This series will feature stories from members of the Online Community around what their treatment experience was like. Firstly, we have Roger, known as Pozthinker on the Online Community cancer forum. Roger was diagnosed with prostate cancer in 2011. They’re…

• Community News : How reflexology helped me – Charlie’s story

Pink flowers against a green hill

In today’s Community News Blog, Charlie shares with us how reflexology has supported her throughout her cancer journey. Charlie was diagnosed with breast cancer and underwent surgery in January this year. She wanted to share with all of you how a few simple techniques have helped her with stress, sleep, bowel movements and swelling. She’s kindly put together some videos for us, to show us some simple self-help reflexology…

Personal Experiences
There are no posts with the requested tag.