Just venting

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 12 subscribers

Hi all, I’ve been a member on here for a while and always found it useful to follow everyone’s journey with TC. My story started some 25 years ago when I was diagnosed with TC, at the time it had spread to my lymph nodes in my stomach and some small nodes in my lungs, long story short I had loads of chemo and went on to have a full and healthy life. Then two years ago I started to get a dull ache in my stomach (all my blood tests markers where normal) after a few months I was diagnosed with a transformation of testicular cancer that had reactivated at the scar tissue site on my lymph nodes and had spread to my lungs. In the last two years I’ve had BEP, TIP, Stem cell treatment, high dose Chemo and a RPLND, and a lung resection. Unfortunately none of these things managed to cure me and for the last six months I’ve been on palliative chemo.

I’ve come to terms with that outcome but I’m finding it really difficult in this current situation with Covid-19.

My chemo is being delayed and I fully understand why, so I’m scared about how much time that is taking away from me, but on the flip side I would be really scared to go on chemo right now with all of the associated risks. I’m sorry for posting this on here, but I just want to reach out to people that can understand my feelings.

Stay safe,

Ant

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello please never ever be sorry to post anything here that is exactly why we are all members. You have been through some fight my friend your treatment so far takes bravery and I sense a fighting spirit in your post. Have they given indication when they are delaying it to. I am sure they will be keen to start as soon as possible but guess the current risk might warrant waiting couple of weeks until the worst of this virus passes. Please keep in touch and anytime you need someone to speak things over even just to vent frustrations I am sure we will all be here for you 

take care and best wishes 

Dougie

• Hi ant,

This is a place we bring our concerns to, where we know we know we have all walked at least a few steps in each other’s shoes, and so we receive a level of empathy we can only get here.  I do anyway!  You have no need to apologise for posting or ranting.  

Full respect to you, I’ve had TIP, and as a result feared the high dose.  

This Covid-19 event is scary, for those directly and indirectly affected.  I think the indirect impact is what those who have been flouting the lockdown aren’t  grasping.  And you are feeling the squeeze of that in a very personal way.   

Thoughts are with you, and you’re welcome to post anytime.

take care

dan 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hey Ant you have been through an ordeal my friend and I'm sorry you're now faced with uncertainty of the Coronavirus. Thoughts are with you , if you need to vent again then please let us know as we are ready to hear it.

Take care 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Ant,

I am sorry that the coronavirus situation has brought an added challenge to you at this time.

Please check-in here and vent, and share your frustrations and anything else as you need to.

There is no need to apologise for posting here or sharing your feelings.

My thoughts are with you.

best, Kevin