T.i.p side effects- Husband cancer back.. 2nd go at chemo started.

• 4 replies
  • 14 subscribers

Hi, my husband had bleomycin after testicle was removed. We had the cancer return news just before Christmas. T.i.p chemo started this week and has floored him.

T.mi on bowels...

No stool movement for 5 days. Lots of fruits, vegs, movicol, little walks, warm water, fruit juice, prunes, belly rubs and still suffering. He's getting bad head aches. Weeing but prob not enough for amount consumed.

What do we look out for regarding toxicity please?

His temperature and BP is fine.

Thank you.

Amanda.

• Hi Amanda

I'm sorry to hear how your husband has reacted after receiving TIP. I don't have any personal knowledge of this drug but have found this information on possible side effects for you.

Your husband should have been given a 24-hour contact number to call the hospital if he feels unwell so, if he hasn't already, it would be a good idea to call them so that they can help.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi Amanda,

Yup, bowel movements, lack off, were my biggest issue.  My advice is ask the hospital/doctors for the medicine, might be call Fructis??, and start taking it before going in for each round of TIP, and keep taking it.  Don’t wait until the problem starts.

This side effect will be flipped on its head as you go through the TIP. Things will become a lot looser, well they did in my experience!  It’s boom or bust, no in between.

take care 

dan

• Thanks so much. This is useful info x

• Thanks again Dan. I'll remember to ask them about this.

You take care too Grin