Testicular lump and lung shadows

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 12 subscribers

No idea how to start this, so i’ll introduce myself...My name is John i’m 41 and i’m a single dad to my 12 year old son...A couple of months ago I noticed a lump...but as it didn’t cause me any pain I dismissed it... Fast forward to last week I started to feel a fair bit of discomfort and shooting pains that would make grit my teeth...I went to the doc last Thursday...he did confirm that he could feel a lump...and that he will refer me for an ultrasound...currently waiting on that...

Friday I had terrible chest pain and breathlessness...(I suffer from svt)...went to the hospital and as always my ecg is fine...awaiting further testing for my svt...the dr sounded me and was concerned as it sounded to her like there was less air in one of my lungs (or something like that my brain is absolutely mashed)...she sent me for a chest x-ray...and she noted multiple shadows on both my lungs...I had what felt like a s*** tonne of blood taken and there are concerning abnormalities...

I can’t help but think that the lump on my testicle and these things on my lungs are somehow connected...i’ve had what I assumed as rib pain for about 1/2 years now...

i’m trying to find positives...and trying to not drive myself mad looking into things...

• Hi Jbrown,

Sorry you find yourself here, but welcome.  You have done your bit, you felt a lump and went to the doctors, that’s al we can do, the medical profession will do the rest.

i don’t know how much you know about TC......the survival rate is 95%, by far the highest of any cancer.  The treatments simply melt it like butter.  TC spreads through the lymph node system, into the lungs and eventually to the brain.  The ex footballer John Hartson, it had spread that far, and he was cured.  Even if it spreads to the lungs it is still TC, it’s just that it has spread to the lungs, it has NOT become lung cancer.

It might be the pain you have felt, the lump, the shadow on your lungs are all linked.  But they might not be, hearing I had cancer made me think every ache or pain was cancer spreading further in me, but it was really all psychological.

The waiting for results of tests is often the hardest bit, as we run through scenarios in our head, often fearing the worst.  

Feel free to ask all the questions you have, use this forum, I found it a massive help to me.

take care

dan