pT2 Embryonal Carcinoma

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 6 replies
  • 12 subscribers

Hi everyone

Only discovered these forums yesterday and I must say it’s been very helpful reading through people’s experiences etc. 

Around ten days ago I underwent a radical orchidectomy after discovering a lump the week previous. The histology results came back on Friday confirming the tumour as 100% Embryonal Carcinoma with extensive vascular invasion, stage pT2.

CT scan showed up a 2mm LUL pulmonary nodule, “indeterminate”, with the report recommending a follow-up CT scan in 3 months for this. 

I’m meeting up with an oncologist in a few days time to discuss a treatment plan. My urologist hinted that a small dose of chemotherapy may be offered or perhaps just surveillance. 

Just wondering if anyone on here who has also had pT2 Embryonal Carcinoma can share their experience of whether or not chemotherapy was offered to them, and how many cycles this was?

Also, ten days on since the orchidectomy, my wound is still seeping a little bit of blood. I guess this is nothing to be concerned about? There are no signs of infection. 

Any advice would be appreciated- thanks! :-)

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello and sorry you have had to find us but welcome. I would say best get wound checked as important to keep dry and clean perhaps a little call to nhs first. With regards treatment I would wait to see the experts first they will have full report after scan and can make decision from there

Dougie

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Thanks, Dougie. Yes of course I won’t make any decisions until the oncologist has seen me. Was just wondering if anyone on here is/ has been in a similar situation as me, and what their treatment was like. Just to give me a heads-up on what to expect - pretty stressed out atm and I find myself on a mission to get as much info as possible!

Thanks again Smiley

• Hi beacon,

Sorry you find yourself here, but welcome.

are you based in the uk or USA?  Just want to make sure I understand the 100% embryonal carcinoma diagnosis - can mean different things in uk and USA terminology.

thanks

dan

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Odbball

Hi Dan

I’m in the UK. Didn’t realise the terms varied, that’s interesting!

Cheers

• Hi beacon,

i know previously I’ve read that uk and USA descriptions can vary on TC, but having searched google I don’t think embryonal carcinoma is one that applies to.  And I can’t find now which terms vary.  Apologies for the misinformation.

my search on 100% embryonal carcinoma did throw up that 10% of Mixed germ cell tumours  are 100% EC....for what that’s worth!

tske care

dan

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Odbball

No problem at all, Dan. Thanks for posting nonetheless! Slight smile