Lump found and struggling

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 12 subscribers

About 6 weeks ago I notice a strange lump on the body of the Testicle but right at the top. I went to get a check up with the doctor. She felt the testicle but could not feel anything. So I was sent away. A week later I was still convinced there was something there so booked another apointment with a different doctor. she also felt both testicles and couldn’t feel any issues. I wasn’t convinced so asked her to book me a ultrasound. 2 weeks later I had one. I felt fine. I’m very active. But I had aching in the concerned testicle. The guy doing the ultrasound was from I assumed an outside company as it was done at another gp practice. He travels around different gps doing them. Not at the hospital. He told me that there was increased blood flow to the testicle and that normally indicates infection and I was sent on my way. The next day my doctor Rang me to say I was being referred to urology at my local hospital as the scan showed 2 lumps and they need to find out what they are. I’m terrified. I can not eat or sleep. My partner keeps telling me not to worry but all I’m doing is reading Horror stories on the Internet. In my mind it is 100% cancer and I’m a total wreck.

I was wondering what people’s thoughts on here are. Would they of told me on the phone if it was cancer ? Are are they just sending me to urology so they can tell me ? Is there a chance it could still be a infection or a non cancerous condition ? The doctor did tell me that urologist may do another ultrasound. But why would they bother doing that if it was  cancer. Surely they will already know from my original ultra sound. Sorry for droning on. Any help or info would be great. 

• Hi, I'm the wife of a guy with testicular cancer. He had aching feeling. Knew something was not right. Went to gp then a ultrasound a couple of weeks later. We went for further investigation but the doc examined him and told him it was 90% chance likely to be a cancerous tumour. They wouldnt tell you on the phone. We were then told he'd have surgery to remove it. It was a couple of weeks after. So much info.so much to take on board. The testicle confirmed cancer and that he'd need chemo. We were told 4 cycles of bep. We've been reassured lots that of all the cancers to have this is the most treatable. It's scary. We have good days and bad days but I'm so proud of him. He's coping amazingly. It's exhausting.

Well done for trusting/knowing yourself and pushing for answers. Take it all one day at a time and try not think the what it's. One day, one step. GOOD LUCK! 

• Hi, I'm the wife of a guy with testicular cancer. He had aching feeling. Knew something was not right. Went to gp then a ultrasound a couple of weeks later. We went for further investigation but the doc examined him and told him it was 90% chance likely to be a cancerous tumour. They wouldnt tell you on the phone. We were then told he'd have surgery to remove it. It was a couple of weeks after. So much info.so much to take on board. The testicle confirmed cancer and that he'd need chemo. We were told 4 cycles of bep. We've been reassured lots that of all the cancers to have this is the most treatable. It's scary. We have good days and bad days but I'm so proud of him. He's coping amazingly. It's exhausting.

Well done for trusting/knowing yourself and pushing for answers. Take it all one day at a time and try not think the what it's. One day, one step. GOOD LUCK!