Neutropenia during BEPX3

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 11 subscribers

hi everyone, has anyone here experienced neutropenia during chemo? My husband is at the end of round 1 and bloodwork already showing low white blood count and low platelets. He feels horrible. The oncologist saw results but didn’t think it was necessary to treat the neutropenia yet. We are worried and scared. Would like to hear your experiences. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello

Sorry you have found yourself having to ask that question. My husband had 2 rounds of BEP. In between the 2 rounds he was neutropenic and was admitted to our local hospital and not the cancer centre. They didn’t want to discharge him as per oncologists wishes and he was admitted for the week in between his 2 cycles. His showed as a temperature though so think they were being cautious. 

He was finally discharged 2 days before his second cycle with the injections to stimulate white cells and started his next cycle as planned but they gave him an extra drug to stop it happening again. Sorry I don’t remember what it was. 

His second cycle went fine. He is now 4 1/2 years clear. 

If you need to message please feel free to private message me. 

Hayley. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Thank you and on friday we see oncologist and we are going to ask him about the shot. I hope he gets the shot soon because he feels miserable.