Cystoscope

• 10 replies
  • 110 subscribers

Got to have a Cystoscopy on Monday.

Really not looking forward to that, any advice please would be greatly appreciated.

PS. A very nervous bloke.

• Hi . I'm from the bladder group. If it is a flexible cystoscopy, then the procedure is quite straightforward. I have had about 20 of these over years. Generally painless although slightly uncomfortable going in. You can see on the screen what they are looking at. Stings a bit for a few days when having a pee. If going in a car, take a bottle with you as you sometimes get an urgent need to pee on the way home. Best wishes.

Best wishes to All,   rily.

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion ?

• Thank you Rily

just being a big baby and feeling totally humiliated, embarrassed and a shamed about the whole procedure.

And off course scared about the results and the fact there will be have a dozen  people in the room also.

John 1963

• Thank you Rily

just being a big baby and feeling totally humiliated and embarrassed about the whole procedure.

And off course scared about the results and the fact there will be have a dozen  people in the room during the procedure.

John 1963

• . It's all done very discreetly behind curtains with just a nurse and doctor. Lie on the table and drop your pants. You are covered with a sheet with a hole in it ( what an image).  Doctor puts some anaesthetic gel in and inserts the camera. You tend to keep your eyes on the screen rather than watch what is going on down there. Takes 10 minutes tops. You also tend to worry about what they may see rather than the procedure. I hope it goes well.  Best wishes.

Best wishes to All,   rily.

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion ?

• Thank you from a big baby.

John 1963

• There's only 2 people in the room usually I don't know why you think there would be a dozen people in there! 

• Had lots of these over the years.  I can honestly tell you that the worry beforehand is actually worse than the procedure itself .  It's as Rily says above and really is not as bad as some other things I have had.  Hopefully the Doc will be able to tell you if he has seen anything of concern while he is doing it which should put your mind at rest.

• Sorry Freefaller

It should have said half a dozen, my mistake. Had the procedure this morning and at local hospital, 1 consultant and 4 nurses in room with me.

John 1963

• What on earth were the 4 nurses doing in there?  I have only ever had the Doc and a nurse.  Anyway it is over now and hopefully you've no worries.

All the best,

Des

• Hi John

Just the thought of that brings a tear to my eye.

4 nurses John you must be famous Smiley but seriously I’m glad it’s all clear .

all the best .

Tony.