Late side effects....loo visits at night

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 5 replies
  • 108 subscribers

Hi All....Does anyone have any good tips about minimising the burning and discomfort of the loo visits every night? 

• Hi Mikey

Is this related to recent treatment?

If so , when was the treatment finished and have u had surgery or RT, are u on HT? 

Regards

Steve

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Grundo

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your reply.

The treatment was recent and I just finished 20 sessions of RT 2 weeks ago.

I am not currently on HT.

Regards

• Mikey

I do remember when I had the RT  I did have quite a few urinary problems which lasted for  a few weeks after treatment finished.

I didn't take any medication but I am sure that there are pills to help you. Is it possible for you to contact the RT centre and ask them to prescribe something or go and see your GP?

It will get better but u need to give it some more time unfortunately.

I could say to drink more water to help flush out the system but probably the last thing u want to do is keep going to the loo.

regards

Steve

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Grundo

Hi Steve,

Thanks for this.

Your memory serves you well and what you describe is precisely what I am going through.

I have been taking ibuprofen and paracetamol and I hope I am not tempting fate when I tell you that I do believe things are improving slowly.

The stinging sensation and muscle spasms seem to be reducing.

The nurse said the pain would peak after 7/10 days and that seems to be an accurate prediction.

Of course the pamphlets advise that it will be 6 to 8 weeks before things are back to normal.

The worst culprits are caffeine and chocolate....and don't even mention alcohol!!....... I haven't had a beer since the whole treatment began!!

But I now think that compared to many patients....I am getting away with it lightly and my heart goes out to them.

The bathroom is a lonely place at 0300 when you can't pee and you are right to mention reducing the intake of water before bedtime.

Regards

Mike

• M

From memory the problem started halfway thru RT and carried on after it ended for a few more weeks.

I was prescribed Contiflow which I never took, don't ask why.

Steve