Hi! I'm new to the group but not to Melanoma

• 3 replies
  • 74 subscribers

A little over 2 years ago, I was diagnosed with Melanoma on my face. It was fairly large and required a graft to replace the skin that was removed. The skin was harvested from my neck, a 12 centimeter is the only reminder of it and I joked with my surgeon that he gave me a bonus "neck tuck".

Fast forward to now, and the melanoma is back. It was on the edge of the grafted area, so it isn't clear of it came from the grafted skin or just happened to come back/reoccur in the same location. Medicine is practiced and I can attest to that! Since my dermatologist took the 1st sample & pathology came back, I've been to my surgeon 3 times for more excisions and pathology reviews. Even my surgeon seems stymied (certainly surprised) that the tentacles keep going. 

I am hoping that in a couple of days that I'll hear "ALL CLEAR" and then we can close up. :-)

Molly

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community

I'm sorry to read that after being clear of melanoma for 2 years you've recently discovered that it's back. It sounds as if you've had a lot to go through and put up with recently and I certainly hope that your surgeon will have achieved clear margins this time.

Do come back and let us know how it goes.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Yippee! After the 3rd sample taken for pathology - we got "ALL CLEAR" and my surgical site is closed up. I am very thankful. 22 small stiches and life is getting back to normal. 

• Great news! 

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"