New to the group

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 72 subscribers

Hi, I've just joined the group today. I was diagnosed in September 2019 and had a couple of operations in 2020, having lymph nodes removed each time which has now resulted in being diagnosed with lymphoedema.

• Hi Tree1964, just popping in to say hello. I read your profile where you say you’re on targeted therapy.aswell. I hope you are currently doing ok, I have never had lymphoedema, it has been on my mind when consultants have previously mentioned the option of a groin lymph node dissection, are you having help with your lymphoedema at the moment? 

I hope you find the group useful to get things off your mind, speak to others who understand, and feel also that your helping people with your experiences.

Take care KT

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to KTatHome

Hi KTatHome

Lovely to hear from you. 

I've had lymph nodes removed from my groin and pelvis, I was warned that this could cause lymphoedema. 

I had my first appointment with the lymphoedema clinic last Friday and have been measured for a compression stocking! Exercise is really good for helping with it so if you did get it the walking netball would help. I'm a  runner and on the days I don't  run I go for long walks. 

I hope this is helpful? 

Stay strong 

Tree 

• Thanks Tree,

I hope it’s not bothering a lot.

Take care KT