Malignant nerve sheath tumour

• 2 replies
  • 6 subscribers

In 2016 I had a malignant nerve sheath tumour removed from my arm. Everything was going fine with checkups etc until this year when I found a lump under my armpit, it had spread to my lymph node.  Ive had that removed in March and now I’m receiving six weeks of radiotherapy. Just wondered if anyone else has had the same type of cancer.  I didn’t have much feeling in the bottom of my arm after the original surgery and now I’ve not got much in the top of my arm, shoulder and back.  Just feeling a bit sorry for myself at the moment 

• Hi , welcome to the online community, as you can image the people in this group can have many different types of cancer and different lymph nodes affected. I have a different type of cancer metastatic melanoma affecting the lymph nodes in my groin. I have to apologise that I have never heard of malignant nerve sheath tumour, but I put it in to the search part and it looks like people would join the soft tissue sarcoma group, so I’ve put a link below to that group incase it helps, where you could do your own search.

https://community.macmillan.org.uk/cancer_types/soft-tissue-sarcomas/discussions

I’m sorry to hear you’re in pain, and it goes with out saying that it’s very very natural to feel sorry for yourself, I’m in a bit of a blip at the moment emotionally and I’m not in pain ! 

I haven’t been through radiotherapy, for my type of cancer we are put on immunotherapy, so I hope someone in this group responds to you who has so e similarities.

The other group that I thought of to find people who are going through radiotherapy is the radiotherapy group, 

https://community.macmillan.org.uk/cancer_experiences/radiotherapy/discussions

The professional volunteers and staff in the ask an expert section and on the Macmillan support of course will be able to help with any questions you might have. 

I have plenty of experience in waiting, u certainty and feeling sorry for myself ! So if you need any company on here or someone with a listening ear I’m here aswell ! Grinning

Take care

Take care KT

• Ho ,

my friend is indeed correct that your primary would appear to be a form of soft tissue sarcoma and you would be welcome to join our "happy" band on Soft tissue sarcomas forum. My wife's particular brand is Leiomyosarcoma and it is always wonderful fun when she sees a GP about something to see them look it up on wikipedia.

Another useful source of support is sarcoma uk and they have a specific page you might find helpful here.

When my wife was first (eventually - long story) diagnosed with sarcoma it was not even clear to us it was cancer.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge