Nervous First Time Poster

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 4 subscribers

Morning all, I was diagnosed last Friday with Breast Cancer with Metastatic Lymph Nodes, I have had a CT scan and am waiting for a Full Body Bone Scan, but feel as lost as anything. I don't know a treatment plan yet, I don't know long term diagnosis. I'm confused and feel very alone in my head. Is this normal at the start? x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Sandi

So sorry to hear of your recent diagnosis, it's a scary time with so many unknowns. It's absolutely normal to feel alone and confused so talking about your fears and anxieties will help. I find my breast care nurse was a great help when I was diagnosed with bc in July for the second time, it's a roller coaster of emotions. I found that taking control of my health helped too as I felt like I was doing something positive and proactive, not just waiting for doctors to treat me. Walking, eating lots of fruit and veg, cutting out sugar and refined carbs etc, there's something called the Rainbow Diet which is good. Being as fit as possible helps psychologically as well as physically and I was told by an oncologist and other medical staff that being fit and eating well actually helps treatment work better. Use whatever support you have available to you including your GP. There are no stupid questions, your feelings matter, don't be afraid to ask for help. I wish you well and hope you know your treatment plan soon so you know where you are. Take great care of yourself. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Thanks Bernie Bunny, it really helps knowing I am not alone,. Hope your journey is going well x

• Hi Sandi I'm so sorry about your recent diagnosis it can be such a worrying time when going into the unknown, I my self had metastatised lymph nodes and have had 12 removed from under my armpit alonMuscle a tumour, I do not have breast cancer mine is a very rare cancer called Eccrine Porocarcinoma that I had originally in the skin of my arm pit 7 years ago, I have just got back from my daily radMuscletherapy I have completed 5 weeks and I have 2 more sessions to go Muscle Grin please do not feel alone there is always someone here to answer any questions you might have, need to vent do it! I hope your journey is a good one, mine is nearly over apart from the fact I cannot do my job any longer I was a hairdresser for 33 years and sadly I cannot lift my arm very much now and I have slight lymphedema starting which sadly is a downfall of having lymph nodes removed and radiotherapy, but I do have a clinic appointment on the 21st of this month and then a physio appointment on the 8th November, onwards and upwards, take care and I wish you lots of love x

DogFeet If you can dream it you can do it FeetDog

• Hello. Read your posts and wondering how everyone is getting on? I was told yesterday I have syringoid eccrine carcinoma and I am super anxious and worried. The result was from my first biopsy which was a 2mm punch hole so I do need to go back and take the rest out and have a scan to check that it’s nowhere else.