5 Years 5 Cheers!

• 10 replies
  • 40 subscribers

Got that from Lidyloo !! Mary 

That’s it no more appointments !! Got my sign off today from the Oncologist not sure how I feel ?? I’m left with sore skin it will never heal just have to be managed, bowel movements that are on my mind every day can’t go can go it’s a constant battle. 
But I’ve hit the five years Onc said it’s extremely rare it would ever return ( I had to ask ) 

So to all the new members stay positive 5 years really does fly past!! 
take care Amanda x

• Oh wow, what fantastic news!! Congratulations! 

Deb x 

• Huge congratulations Amanda () that’s fantastic news, I think like you it’s a day I’m excited for but also slightly worried for in equal measures, just not having that reassurance of a check up & those words ‘yes everything feels normal’!

I don’t think there’s many of us that escape this treatment with no long standing side effects but mine are definitely manageable & I can live with that. 

Once again congratulations & well done. 

Nicola xx

• Hi  -extremely rare it will ever return-what fantastic words to hear, congratulations! Thanks for posting this news it’s so encouraging for us all. Bev x

• Ohhh , that's soooo blinking brilliant ClapClap for you for sharing with the many in our group that need to grab onto the hope of kicking the big C into oblivion. I know that you are still having issues of which I am really sorry. I'm struggling with the what ifs and hearing from someone such as yourself even though you're struggling gives me and I'm sure many others hope..thank you . I wish you all the very best and hope that your side effects ease and you live a happy and lovely life from now on xxx Marie 

• So glad to hear the wonderful news, you kicked the big C's butt, pardon the pun.  I am going on 9 years and I remember in the beginning I lived for these survivor stories, it gave me hope. This forum saw me through some terrible times, so I am giving back the hope that we can survive. Bowel movements are still on my mind when I plan trips, but it's great to know that I am here to plan them.  

Deb

• Hi Deb (),

Thank you for posting also, as Bev has said this is so encouraging for us all to hear from survivors such as yourself & I hope you know how much it’s appreciated that you still take the time to check in here to offer hope to others. 

Nicola

• Wonderful news! Many congratulations! x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Great news!

• What encouragement it gives us all that the battle is worth it. Those with side effects learn to manage them the best they can and continue to live life hopefully to the full. This diagnosis has certainly changed my perspective about life and how it can easily be wasted and to concentrate on the important things like being content and appreciating things more. I certainly have had reassurance from some lovely people on this site who help each other. I am very happy for you and wish for all of us that kind of brilliant news.

• 9 years that’s great news! Thanks for posting Deb, back in the beginning all I wanted to hear was the stories from long time survivors to give me hope that I would also reach that milestone. I’m really pleased I can offer some reassurance also and like you will keep coming back to check in and even now I still like to read the stories from this lovely group xx

and thank you to the volunteers who take the time to respond with reassuring and kind words you are all the best !! Xx

take care Amanda xx