MRI SCAN

• 12 replies
  • 38 subscribers

I've got an MRI scan booked for the end of June, which will be roughly 3 months since the end of radiotherapy but shouldn't I also be having a CT scan or does that not matter! I'm so confused by the whole  business, I've only had one phone call in 7 weeks and I only got that after phoning consultants secretary, following advice on here! I also got the anti histamine tablets which have helped enormously with the 'ants in the pants',  again alll following advice on here! Thank you everyone!

Moira

• I'm glad it's not just me, I get my MRI about the same date as you and in my one and only phone call, I was told by my consultant, Dr Hashmi, that I'd be seeing him for a face to face in July, when I thought I'd get results! Now I get a letter, saying I have a phone appointment at the end of July with him! Does that mean I find out over the flaming phone what my results are? Of course, if it changes back, after the scan, to s face to face, I'll be convinced I'm going to get bad news! I know, I'm nuts!

How are your symptoms now, better I hope? Mine definitely are, just developed a bit of a discharge but apart from that, I'm feeling better every day! I'm very emotional though and terribly lazy! Joy

Sorry you've had to listen to me moaning again, hopefully one day soon, we'll both come on here with wonderful happy news!

Love Moira x

• I'm lots better now but still very tired, need to run to the loo with seconds to spare for a bm and my wee is coming out sideways plus that blinking dilator is ruddy painful so I just try once a week. I had to laugh out loud at the leaflet in the box that says you don't need to use one if you're having sexual intercourse.... blinking Nora anyone even thinking about that must be a masochist haha. I'm emotional I must admit and have had many sleepless nights worrying about Wednesday and if the treatment has worked. It's amazing how many people think that because I've had the treatment that I'm cured... I wish it worked like that then we wouldn't be worried and emotional. Ohhh we will definitely be shouting our good news for everyone to here and see Moira. Let me know how you get on xxx Marie 

• Hi again Marie,

So glad you're feeling better, I know, people just don't get it! It's as if we've had flu, a couple of bad weeks and yippee, we're better, life is normal! I WISH! I'll be thinking of you on Wednesday Marie, please let me know how you get on!

One last thing, when did you start using the dilator,, I was told after first scan, which I'm still waiting for!

Love Moira xxx

• I was told to use it 3 weeks after treatment... BIG mistake honestly it was excruciating and I bled so the Dr said to wait another 10 days still painful. I've tried 3 times. I think the advice you were given is probably the best because everything is still on 'slow cook' !  I wonder why my wee is going sideways (good Lord). Oh, but we've had our treatment so everything is fine Sweat smile xxx Marie 

• OUCH Marie, you poor thing! Even now I dread trying and it's 7 weeks! I think I might try next week if I'm feeling brave! Hope your wee starts going in the right direction soon! Of course we're fineRoflfighting fit!! RoflRofl

Love Moira x

• Hi Moira (),

By rights as far as I’m aware you should be getting both an MRI & a CT scan, I’ve always had both, my appointments for these scans always arrive separately & I often have one at the Freeman & one at the RVI. I would also ring Dr Hashmi’s secretary & insist that this  appointment be a face to face as he’d first agreed, you should be having a physical examination! I did the same a couple of weeks ago & my oncologist tagged me onto the end of his clinic. 

Nicola 

• Hi Nicola,

I'm sure you're right, I thought maybe I was mistaken but you've jogged my memory and I remember it clearly now, CT scan after 6 weeks and then the MRI scan! I've only had the MRI appointment a few days so I'll give it until the beginning of next week before I contact anyone! I will also get in touch with Dr Hashmi's secretary about a face to face, as he promised! The treatment I had was second to none, The Freeman staff were wonderful but I feel completely let down by the after care!

Thank you Nicola, once again you've put me on the right track!

Moira x

• You’re welcome Moira (), I think unfortunately due to the pandemic some of these appointments are automatically being sent out as telephone consultations but when I rang & spoke to the secretaries a couple of weeks back, I explained that my last appointment had been a telephone consultation & I’d not been examined in over a year (this appointment should have been the last of my 6 monthly appointments before being put onto annual checks) & she was very helpful, she contacted my oncologist via email & he replied within 20 minutes tagging me onto the end of his next clinic. Never ever be afraid to chase things up & if needs be demand the care that’s expected & required.

Nicola

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Mecca

I'm so glad you had the sideways wee, I thought it was just me, I'm six weeks out.