Another update (3 months post treatment)

• 2 replies
  • 38 subscribers

Hi all, hope you’re all getting the best out of every day:)

I’m enjoying your updates so here’s mine.  Progress is slow but steady.  I’ve been out of bed most days since Xmas & very gently building up my exercise routine.  Being able to shop & cook for myself again is simply amazing!

I wear pads to go out & struggle with the feeling that I always need the loo.  I don’t have control over my anal sphincter muscles so accidents happen.  There’s no longer any blood or pain (wow!!), just constant discomfort.  Carrying shopping was surprisingly hard for a 68 year old martial artist who’s just spent 7 months in bed lol, I’ve had to practice with a 6 kg hand weight for several weeks to be able to carry shopping bags!

I’ve opted out of scans etc for the time being as I wouldn’t choose to have any more treatment (too intrusive & scary & disempowering), & also because feeling responsible for my own health works better for me.  My first Covid jab is tomorrow, snow permitting - yay!

And of course like most people I’m a bit bonkers & stir crazy from lockdown.  3 weeks after the jab I plan to have sensible friends come & visit - if I remember how to talk to people face to face...

Be well & try to be grateful for each new day.  Toni x

• Hi ,

I love when people post progress updates, these are such a help for people that are just starting out. 

It’s great that you’re seeing steady progress & yes going from spending a lot of time bedridden to being up & about & out again must feel wonderful. It does take some time to build back some stamina though & the fatigue can pop up at any time so take it easy & just do things under your own steam. 

I’m pleased you’ve had your vaccination too.

Nicola 

• Hi @Toni8876 thank you for posting your update, it really does help everyone in the group to hear these success stories.  I'm so glad to hear you're well.  It does take time to rebuild fitness levels but you will get there!    I hope your vaccination went well. I had mine two weeks ago (the Astrazenica vaccination). The only side effects I had were a sore arm and a bit of a headache the following morning, a small price to pay! Bev x