Exhausted!!

• 7 replies
  • 38 subscribers

Sorry Ladies me again! .. 2 weeks out of treatment .. Terrible diarrhoea for last 5 days,keeping me awake at night and feeling shattered,I do t seem to be able to nap in daytime either.I will speak to someone on Monday but I just wondered if anyone has had the same problem and can I take anything for it?

• Hi Ruby

i am still having treatment but I have been told by my team that if I have bad diarrhoea to take Imodium. Fortunately not had to yet but have bought some just in case! Worth a try I’d say!

• Hi 

Although I didn’t suffer the awful bowel disturbances you’re describing (I swung completely the opposite way for some strange reason!!) I know lots of the members in the group that have & the general treatment seems to be as  has advised & that is to take Imodium, you can either buy it over the counter or if you think it’s going to go on for a while & you’re getting free prescriptions then ask your GP if they’ll prescribe you loperamide which is essentially the same product. I would advise just to take the minimal dose to begin with & see how you go as it’s a bit of a balancing act until things begin to settle down & believe me you don’t want to end up going the other way as I can tell you from first hand experience that isn’t much fun either!! I hope you get sorted soon & manage to get some rest.

Nicola

• Hi I suffered with diarrhoea from the middle of treatment and afterwards, I used Loperamide which definitely helped. Diarrhoea makes you even more sore so I had plenty of salt baths which also helped. Also, try and keep your diet as bland as possible and reduce your fibre intake for now this should help x

• I tried it .. Immodium so far has worked!! Yayyyyy!!

• Hi Im just going with me body.it seems to crave what i need .. Think its quite clever like that.Scrambled eggs on toast seems to be the thing at the moment! .. Immodium working so far,fingers crossed!! x

• Oh Nikkii feel for you!! .. I had really bad constipation from April this year to diagnosis in September,literally think giving birth was easier.

Immodium seems to be doing the trick at the moment ... May even venture out for a short dog walk today.

• Hi ,

Yes it wasn’t great, I couldn’t take any of the opiate based painkillers (morphine/codeine etc.,) either as they just made things worse so I survived the discomfort with alternating paracetamol & ibuprofen which seemed to work, I still have to take a softener each day & be careful with what I eat although now I don’t think it’s so much constipation rather than stenosis! I’m pleased the Imodium is doing the trick for you, you’ll find ways around these hiccups, a lot of it is trial & error but just do what works for you. Enjoy your walk I’ve just got back in with my pooch, I love being out with her. 

Nicola