Successful outcome with radiotherapy alone

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 38 subscribers

Hi,

Its been a while since I’ve been on the forum. Hope you are all coping okay in these uncertain times.

I’m looking to connect with anyone who during treatment, had to have chemo paused or stopped altogether and still had a successful outcome.

If you have experience of this can you please respond to this message.

Many thanks

• Hi, I don't know if this will help you but I was diagnosed with anal SCC in july last year. After discussion with the docter it was agreed I should have 2 weeks - 10 sessions of radiotherapy only, for palliative treatment as unable to travel to hospital for 6 weeks treatment as have arthritis & a lot of discomfort. By the way I was 75 years old..Following the radio I had CT & MRI after 3 months & much to the surprise of dr & myself the tumor has totally gone. He said this is very helpful for future patients as they are always looking for the least invasive treatments possible..Good luck

• Hi 

I am 8 weeks post treatment and I completed the first 5 days of chemo but my second round in week 5 was stopped on the second day due to severe sickness.  The consultant said the sickness was jeopardising me being able to complete the radiotherapy which he said was more important.  

I am due to have my first MRI on 10 July, but last week I had a physical examination and my consultant is confident that he can find no evidence of the tumour which was over 8cm at diagnosis.  Of course we have to wait now for MRI & a biopsy to confirm that there is no evidence of disease but he is very confident the treatment has worked without the second round of chemotherapy 

I hope this helps You. 

Regards