On going issues

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 37 subscribers

Hi everyone sorry I haven't been on for a while with updates. 

I was diagnosed with anal cancer February 2018 started  treatment April finished 17th May.  May 18th was admitted to hospital for 10 days with pneumonia.

Had my first check up July 2018 all was good. Back again October 2018 on examination the doctor was concerned there was something.  Back to surgeon who removed the area of concern November they confirmed the cancer has returned.  To cut a long story short I have just had my 5th biopsie  a large area removed 4cm wide 4cm length 3.3 cm deep. Tumour had no cancer but the area of concern was in the margin at the very edge they say its ain3 pre cancer cells . Now they want to do what the surgeon calls mapping taking more biopsies. 

Can anyone tell me have they been though this. 

I was under the impression that if the cancer returned that a operation called APR would be done.

I'm at my tether end with it all . Just feel it's a matter of time before it jumps the fence 

Look forward to some advice 

Regards 

Everton 

• Hi ,

Thank you for the update, I’ve often wondered how things were going for you. 

I’m sorry you’re still experiencing issues & you’re feeling a bit out on a limb! I completely understand the worry you’re feeling it’s as you say you must almost be waiting for the AIN3 to become something more serious.  It’s good to hear that it hasn’t resulted in the APR surgery though. 

I remember since being on the site myself there’s been a couple of people that have presented with AIN3 but unfortunately I can’t remember who they were. Hopefully someone will see your post & be able to offer some reassurance. 

Nicola 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi

So sorry to hear about the ongoing surgeries you’ve been having. I can only imagine the pain and worry you’ve had to endure. It’s good to hear they’ve been able to remove tumor tissue without having to do an APR.

I’m linking two people who have experience of AIN3 and Feel free to contact them directly if they don’t reply to this post in the meantime. 

I hope you can get some advise and support from these people very soon. 

Keep us posted on how you get on. 

Sarah x