Clothing during treatment

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 37 subscribers

Here is one of those questions bourne from a thought that sticks in your head.

I wear Jean's to my treatments and pull them down to just under the buttocks. If i lower them any more the staff pull them.back up and fold the modesty paper into the front of them.

Anyone else experience something similar. I'm just wondering if I should have them lower. The staff should know what they are doing but I have often thought that I have got to week 4 with realtively few symptoms. Wouldn't like to think I haven't been receiving the correct dosage.

Cheers

Ian

• Hi Ian, 

During my treatment I always took off my jeans but then as you’ve described lowered my underwear just enough to uncover my bottom. The treatment is delivered very precisely, to the point where I lost a few lbs during treatment & was told to try & bulk my diet out with some more carbs as my bum was shrinking & they’d had to get the physicist down to recheck my measurements! With advances in the delivery of radiotherapy I think things are getting a little simpler, I’ve read of people being in all number of funny positions when they’ve had this treatment some years ago, including being in stirrups, fully exposed etc., I’m so pleased those days are behind us (forgive the pun!) I really wouldn’t worry though these guys know what they’re doing.

Hope it’s all still going well.

Nicola 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Nikki65

Cheers Nicola,

I did ask the question today and they told me they would know if anything was in the way when they did the scan.

Its one of those things that tends to stick In your head when you think of it.  

Ok so far. 20 down now. 8 to go.

Ian x