“Clinically extremely vulnerable”

• 1 reply
  • 33 subscribers

Hi all, don’t be surprised if you get an email or letter from Gov.uk telling you you’re “Clinically extremely vulnerable” and that you need to shield until 31st March.  I was upset to get mine this evening so I followed the links to see why - it seems to be because I’ve had chemo in the past year.

It’s not very practical as I live opposite a big supermarket, and a couple of minutes walk to 3 others as well as countless smaller shops.  I can choose times when the shops are quiet but I can’t choose not to be on the loo for deliveries!  And I had my first vaccine last week so the risk will be very low in a week or two.

But I hope some of you may find it helpful to get on the priority list for supermarket deliveries.  Also “...This letter can be used as evidence for your employer and the Department for Work and Pensions to show that you cannot work outside your home until at least 31st March including for Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) and Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) purposes.”  Toni

• Hi  I’ve had them since the pandemic, as I understand it, it’s advice only it’s not mandatory. On the plus side, if people do get a letter like this they will be offered  their Covid 19 vaccination soon as they are deemed’ vulnerable’.  I had mine 3 weeks ago, sore arm slight headache the next day but otherwise fine. Bev.