Be Careful

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 5 replies
  • 18 subscribers

My son had been checking online websites for travel insurance and gave us some prices. My husband went on the website of the cheapest company showing, "Travel Insurance Saver" and went through the process. Their Gold cover showed as £77. He went then through the medical questions and answered them accurately and the premium went to £177. He has rang them this morning and went through the quote with their rep who advised because of the cancer they could not quote for me but he could get cover.

If he had just gone ahead online and paid the premium we would not have been covered. He expressed his disappointment that he could have taken the cover out at the online quoted price after declaring all the info requested and was given some blurb about ifs and buts.

Always speak to the company

• Hi and thanks for your warning about phoning the insurers rather than doing online quotes.

This is something that I always recommend on here as sometimes it works the other way round as well. Some people have found that their insurance quote has come down from what was quoted online as the person they're speaking to has been able to more accurately complete the quotation or speak to the underwriter.

I can see that you were trying to get insurance previously and wondered if you've now been successful?

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

Hi Latchbrook thanks for your reply.   Thus far I have been unsuccessful, however I am ever hopeful & will persevere with other companies on Money supermarket!

• Have you tried the ones recommended by other community members in the Recommended Travel Insurance thread ? If not, clicking on the link I've created will take you there.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

Hi Latchbrook,

Me again !!

We have noticed the names of companies mentioned on this community and this morning my husband contacted InsureWith. We had been waiting for my treatment to finish before trying for a quote

EXCELLENT !!! personal and friendly service. Can't speak highly enough of them.

Very very very thorough with the questioning even for my Menieres Disease which normally holiday insurance companies are not really concerned about.

Received quote for single 2 week trip of £137. Asked if Annual multi trip quote available and quoted £262.

Needless to say paid for that immediately.

I would say this company should be the first one anyone looks at. We are very confident we have obtained very good cover for our circumstances with all medical info fully investigated.

Very different scenario with our attempt yesterday where my husband was quoted online and could easily have pressed the button and paid for cover which when he contacted them by phone they refused to honour

• That's great news that you've got travel insurance for a reasonable price !

It's also good to hear what a friendly, personal service you got from InsureWith.

I hope you have lots of lovely holidays

x

Community Champion Badge