Travel insurance

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 19 subscribers

Hi I am looking for recommendations for travel insurance as I am having difficulty finding some. I had my kidney removed last May 2018 due to a tumour . I had a routine scan in April 2019 and I have 3 small legions . I have been referred and I am waiting for an up to date scan . I am not receiving any treatment, still very well no symptoms . I had already booked a small weeks trip to France with my family but can’t get insurance from any company as I am awaiting scan results. I have contacted a number of companies and they will not insure me . Please can anybody help me . Thank you 

• Hi kilkee 

I've just got insurance from Boots Travel Insurance for 4 nights at £32 whether they can help you I'm not sure but you could fill in the forms online (lots of questions about our health obviously) but they will tell you straightaway if they will cover you. Or perhaps ring them and chat to one of them?

I hope you find one, good luck x

D

• Hi and welcome to the online community

Unfortunately, it can be more difficult to find reasonably priced travel insurance when you have had a cancer diagnosis.

I don't know whether you've looked through the Recommended Travel Insurance thread yet as it's where we try to keep recommendations from other forum members who have obtained travel insurance. Clicking on the link I've created will take you directly to it if you haven't seen it. 

It is best to phone the travel companies rather than try and do online quotes. Make sure you have all the information to hand about your diagnosis and treatment before contacting the insurers. This is a list of common questions that insurers might ask when you're applying for insurance.

Some insurers will ask for a letter from your doctor to prove that they have given you permission to travel. In any case it's always best to make sure that you have checked with your doctor that it's okay to travel and that this has been recorded in your notes in case of a claim.

I do hope that you can get insurance so that you can go to France.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"