Travel Insurance - Pancreatic Cancer

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 17 subscribers

Hi There. Apologies if this question has been covered before but my first post

My wife has been diagnosed with inoperable metastatic pancreatic cancer (3 months ago) and is currently undergoing chemotherapy. She is shortly due a review of this after 3 cycles each cycle 3 weeks on, 1 week off. Our current travel insurance provider (annual cover) has advised that they will not cover it or anything related to or caused by it.

I wonder can anyone point me at organisation(s) that may provide cover (trip to Greece not sure how long but maybe 1 -4 weeks depending on what the Consultant says at meeting in a couple of weeks time - if at all) for us under these circumstances?

Any advice or experience welcome and thanks in advance.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi WestRon

So sorry to hear about your wife but welcome. I was in a similar situation. 

I think you will find it very difficult to obtain reasonable travel insurance whilst your wife is undergoing treatment, she is on a treatment cycle. I had similar regime. 

You might be better waiting until the Chemo is finished or the decision on her future treatment plan made. I have ongoing monitoring, bloods every month and 3 monthly CT and classed as treatable not curable. In many cases it’s how you word things

I have used insurancewith.com and have always found them helpful. There is a thread titled Recommended Travel Insurance which provides a lot of details on other recommendations from satisfied customers. It is always better to phone the company’s and have all your wife’s information to hand, dates of diagnosis, investigations appointments etc

good luck

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi Mitzie

Thanks for your very helpful reply. Treatment review coming up soon so will discuss with Doctors etc. Also some useful pointers on wording etc. Will continue to research. Thanks again. Ron