New to the Community

If you've just joined the Community and aren't sure where to start, this is the group for you. Tell us what brings you here, and don't be afraid to ask questions. Someone will be on hand to welcome you and point you in the right direction.

Husbands chemotherapy - overwhelming emotions

sunflowerandrain
Posted by

My husband is very sick from Chemo and on a drip now I’m scared he won’t be able to survive the treatment 

feeling sad 

BrentS
Posted by

Having just read your earlier post in the careers group I can understand your sadness and overwhelming emotions. It can’t be easy to watch a loved one go through so much and struggle against the odds. 

As a cancer victim and survivor, I have always recognised that it the loved ones that suffer more emotionally than the victim. I have watched the upset and pure helplessness of my family when I was diagnosed later and going through the horrors of surgery and chemo, so I have seen how it affects others and it’s just so unfair. 

My thoughts are with you tonight ( I am writing this from Australia). And I hope you have a support network to help you cope during this horrible time. 

I wish you and your husband the strength and courage to get through this chemo and return to some sort of normality. 

Counting the days, making every day count.

Brent

sunflowerandrain
Posted by

Thanks Brent

Its kind of you to let me know you survived cancer thank you

My sister is flying over from Perth Oz tomorrow so that’s a bit of real support for me. I do also have some great friends 

I feel guilty even being emotionally needy as I’m not the one ill I rushed him into hospital this morning after a really sick night 

I cancelled my league match this morning which was disappointing there’s no choice but to be there for my husband just sitting here while he sleeps in chemo ward 

I know there’s more chemo to come so doing my best to be supportive