Feeling guilty because daughter and partner here from Australia and are missing out on fun life in the sun.

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 17 subscribers
  1. My daughter and partner have moved to UK to support my husband and I because I have terminal bile duct cancer. Because of lockdown they have little quality of life especially compared to their life in Australia where they have family and lots of friends . I wish I could make things better but can't think of anything.
  • Hi Cankerline welcome to the forum and I am sorry to hear your news about yourself that must be very challenging for you.

I assume that this decision to move from one end of the world to the  other was your daughter's choice to do this? Thats  a big thing and one which Im sure your daughter hasn't made lightly either so she may actually be quite happy or is this something she has said or something that you feel for her?  If I was her and I could be here for my Mum nothing would make me happier and thats why I am asking the questions I have. 

This lockdown has been difficult for everyone and I imagine that this will be uppermost in your mind?   Have you asked her how she is feeling?

Sending very best wishes your way for now. xx

gail

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to GRANNY59
    1. Hello Granny59, thank you for your kind reply. My daughter chose to come back . I have not asked her about how she feels now but know that she is struggling with the whole situation. I think you are right that I need to chat with her and her partner. Thanks again you have helped me. Big hug, Cankerline
  • I live in Australia and we're under a lot of restrictions here, too. 

Most states have their borders locked down and have limits in place for the number of people who can gather for various types of activities.  In my own state, masks are mandatory in a lot of situations.

This summer is nothing like a normal Australian summer, and few people were actually able to do anything much over the Christmas and New Year period.  The UK variant has hit our shores, so it will likely be quite a while before life here returns to any kind of "normal".

Stop feeling guilty and enjoy having them around.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Lolie

Dear Lolie, thank you for your reply. It helped a lot. I am loving them being here.Take care and best wishes, Cankerline