Scared for upcoming appointment

• 3 replies
  • 46 subscribers

My husband had a colostomy for bowel cancer two and half years ago. He has recovered incredibly well and has taken the following chemo in his stride. At the one year scan some ‘spots’ were detected Frowning2n his spine which the consultant thought was unlikely to be connected to bowel cancer and more likely prostate cancer. His PSA was up and he started on hormone therapy. Again, he’s done well. Two weFrowning2ks before Christmas I received a phone call from the hospital saying the last scan showed something on his lung and he would maybe need more chemo. Fortunately he was out when they called and I haveFrowning2kept this information from him and the family so as not to spoil Christmas . His breathing is pretty bad so I’m not 100% surprised. However I’m not sure how he will cope with this last bombshell. ThFrowning2 appointment is on Monday and I’m terrified for him. I’ve had nobody to share this with and it’s all getting a bit close now Frowning2

• I’m not sure where those emojis came from?

• Hi @carbetbagger and welcome to the community though so sorry to hear about what you and your husband are going through.

It must have been tough keeping the information to yourself over Christmas especially after all you have both been through. I was pleased to read he has done so well with treatment before but sometimes it does just seem like one thing after another.

Hoping the news on Monday will be as good as possible, it is so very easy to imagine the worst all the time. I know I have suffered from that in the past but was lucky enough to do a living with less stress course that helped me realise the importance of appreciating what we have now.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge

• Thank you Steve. I will let you know how Monday goes. It’s a relief to be able to share with someone x