He has died

• 8 replies
  • 48 subscribers

Dear online community, especially Pam and Maggie, I just want to tell you that my husband died today at 8.15 pm, with me, our two children, his sister, and our daughter’s partner with him, just as the lovely district nurse arrived. It was, in the end, very peaceful, loving and dignified. 

A heartfelt thank you to everyone on here who had so generously shared their own experiences. You’ve been more helpful than you know. I’ll be back I’m sure for support over the next few weeks and months x  

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Alison

I'm very sorry to hear that your husband past away last evening and I send you and your family my deepest condolences.

Just keep popping by whenever you need a chat you know you'll always find a welcome here.

Again my sincere condolences, may the love and peace you found with each other at the end and the memory of your husband remain in your hearts for ever.

Ian

• Thank you Ian.

Alison 
    Trying to be like the tree that bends with the wind and rain and thus weathers the storm
  • Dear Occupationtoheal, I am so sorry to read of the loss of your husband but glad that the end was peaceful. Take care x

• Thank you xx

Alison 
    Trying to be like the tree that bends with the wind and rain and thus weathers the storm
  • So sorry for you all take care of yourself thinking of you xx

Granny Sue

• Dear Alison,

Please accept my sincere condolences on the passing of your husband. This is such a difficult and heart-breaking time for you all, but I am glad that you were all with him and were able to say goodbye in that way.

Please keep posting here or, when the time is right for you, in the "Bereaved Spouse" forum. I joined that forum myself after my husband's death and I am so glad I did because it is helping me so much to come to terms (if that is at all possible) with the loss.

Love, Mel.

I don't like the term "moving on" because it sounds to me like we are leaving our loved ones and the life we had with them behind. I like the term "moving forward" as it implies that, while life goes on, our loved ones are still with us in our hearts and minds. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to MelanieL

I’m so so sorry for your loss xx

• Bless you all, we are thinking of you. I hope that you will remember happy times. Wishing you much love, xx

Love is eternal