No treatment

• 1 reply
  • 46 subscribers

My hubby is 3 months after his first chemo treatment and after it having reduced the cancers greatly, they have all aggressively grown. He has now decided on no more treatment. Our life insurance ran out in December so we had to take out a funeral only policy last July when we realised it was coming to end of term. Unfortunately it doesn't come into use till July. He has been given a possible 2 months. Does anyone know if I can get help with funeral cost of he passes before July? We have. Some savings but not enough. 

Thanks folks

Catherine xx

• Dear Catherine

I am so very sorry to read that you and your husband are at this stage of your journey, there are never the right words to use at such time, just know that you are both in my thoughts.

In regards to your question, this was something that I looked into quite early on from Dal's diagnosis, we were given a limited timeline and he was extremely ill then, so hopefully I can point you in the right direction at least some of the way.

The Gov.uk website has some details of benefits similar to these

Funeral help

Bereavement support payment

You may find more information on the site as you research whether you will be entitled to the above benefits. 

The Macmillan financial guidance team is available between 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday on 0808 808 0000,  if you do choose to call them it would be helpful if you could have information about your income and outgoings, they are also available via Web chat during those times if that helps.

I hope that your husband it kept as comfortable as possible for as long as possible, I will be thinking of you

Lowe'

Call the helpline for free on 08088080000, 8am to 8pm everyday.
    Tomorrow is not promised but it always has potential. Aim for your potential!