Is it good or bad news?

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 43 subscribers

hi there

My husband has just received the results from his first CT scan since he’s started the targeted therapy. 

We were told that the kidney (he has advanced kidney cancer) looks stable and nothing has changed but there is a new module on his Lung ( they’ve found multiple nodules on his first scan). The other nodules that we knew about haven’t changed...

the doctor said it’s positive result but we are both confused and not sure... is it really positive if something new has appeared?

He only had 3 cycles of the targeted therapy and during the treatment he had a couple of breaks because of the infection in his wound( he had an operation on his arm where the cancer has spread).

Did anyone had a similar results/experience? 

• Hi ,

Sorry to hear about your husband. I have no experience of lung nodules so can't be of any help. It might be worth contacting the nurse on the Ask an Expert page, she will know far more than most of us.

Love and hugs,

LoobyLou
    If you find dust in my house, write your name in it. When the signatures overlap I'll get the polish. 

Click here to see how to add details to your profile. It helps everyone to see a little about you

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

My husband has high grade aggressive blabber cancer he got diagnosed in August after having his colon removed he too has lung nodules which where found before his diagnosis where we where told the one he had hadn't changed from when they 1st saw it on scan but at last scan there was a couple more but was told it was nothing to worry bout as the 1st one hasn't changed any 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

My husband has high grade aggressive blabber cancer he got diagnosed in August after having his colon removed he too has lung nodules which where found before his diagnosis where we where told the one he had hadn't changed from when they 1st saw it on scan but at last scan there was a couple more but was told it was nothing to worry bout as the 1st one hasn't changed any 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi there 

thank you for your message. It is so confusing and we were originally told the nodules are nothing to worry about but now I am not so sure...