Why am I not enough?

• 13 replies
  • 46 subscribers

My partner who had/has pancreatic cancer is eating so little I can't believe he  has any strength at all. He is on a course of steroids,, 3 doses so far and as yet no improvement. Today I feel so hurt that he is not fighting more to stay with me. I don't understand why he can't sip a meal supplement drink  over the morning if he can't take it  as a one off. I don't understand why he won't try to eat a little even though it doesn't taste the same,. It makes me feel so useless, I thought that he loved me enough to try harder. He has no interest in life other than the TV, antidepressants don't seem to help. He maintains he's not depressed, and getting him to take his tablets is a daily battle. Is anyone else going through this? Pamx

• Thankyou Ellie, I hope that I am being there, topics of conversation dwindle with our imploding world.  Every topic  seems inappropriate, TV shows full of sadness. Thank goodness for comedy repeats and quizzes. He dis come into town for a little while today, its wiped him out, but I think the change helped a little. I so appreciate you taking the time to reply and your support. It feels so much better when your posts are acknowledged. I know we hardly ever have solutions but kind words mean the world. I wish you all well xx

Love is eternal
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Needing friends

Hi, thank you for your reply.  My husband has had this urine problem for a couple of years now.  He has many infections but is all clear at moment. It was good just to put my feelings into words. I’ll plod on at moment. Thank you x

• Hi there, I hope that you continue to post on here, you are so right, putting thoughts into words definitely helps xx

Love is eternal