Feeling lost

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 42 subscribers

8 years go while pregnant my husband was diagnosed with PSC, we were told with PSC there is a high chance of either needing a transplant or cancer. So here we are 8 years later being told he has Liver cancer. My husband had been feeling ill since April and had been back and to to the gp and even paid for a private consultation and the only thing they said was a slight flare up of his UC. At the end of May we went away and he spent all the holiday in the room unwell and losing weight fast. When we returned there was strong words about going AE, the first hospital discharged him but the 2nd admitted him and took things more seriously. They found a clot in the portal vein and we hoped that was the problem but then they said the lymph nodes were enlarged, after what seemed the liver test wait and biopsy they confirmed cancer, we ended up going private for the oncologist as after 3 weeks nothing through from the nhs. During the wait he became jaundiced, the oncologist has said Sue the jaundice he can’t start chemo so we have abx for a week then await review. 

So here I am waiting again and feeling totally lost and can’t stop crying. We have 2 girls that I’m so scared for, I don’t feel like I can do this on my own without my husband. If the abx don’t work are they just not going to do anything and let him die?

• I am so sorry. The waiting is so awful and you just want answers and to start the treatment so he can get well. I hope that you are getting all the support you can and need. Mcmillan are brilliant if you need to chat. I hope that we can support you by knowing that we try to understand and we definitely care. I hope tha soon things will move along and treatment will start. It's sometimes difficult to ask the What If questions, I certainly haven't, but I wish, or at least I think I wish, I knew the answers. If you have answers you can plan your battle. Wishing you strength and sending hugs, pam xx

Love is eternal