Widowed Friends Group, Northern Ireland

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 124 replies
  • 25 subscribers
Hello All. I wonder if I might tell you about a Friendship Group Meeting for Widows/Widowers that we are planning to hold in Belfast on Saturday 14th September. This is simply a group for men and women who have lost their husband, wife or partner and would like to meet together with other people in the same position. We are "testing the waters" to see if people are interested or think there is a need for a group like this. If you would like more information, please check out the contact details on our website - www.wfni.co.uk, get in touch with us and we will provide further details. Thank you all, best wishes, Lorna xx
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Kikko

Hi Kikko ,I live in Ballynahinch and I have been a widow for nearly 6 years. I know you are coming up to your 1st year be kind to yourself. I will add to my my contacts and if you add me to yours hopefully we can arrange something.

Jennifer

• Yes definitely a plan i live about 20 mins from belfast city centre i started driving after 28 years so still a bit nervous but we will plan something x

• Hello Kikko

My husband died in Sept 19 - he had kidney cancer which travelled to his spine and he was in a wheel chair for best part of a year.  Grief still very raw. 

I am moving house at present and hoping to make some new acquaintances when I get settled,  Covid permitting.

I would be grateful if you could keep me posted re. any possible get-togdethers.

Best wishes, Barbara

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi Jennifer, I’m actually writing on behalf of my mum. She’s not technologically savi and has been feeling really lonely recently.  She’s in her early 60s but lost my dad at 50 so I don’t know if she qualifies for way up. Is that the one for people who lose their partner young? Thanks for the info. Jenny