Missing the small things

• 5 replies
  • 27 subscribers

Perhaps not the best title- but tomorrow will mark 13 years since I lost my lovely mum. I always feel sad and usually shed a tear. But this year it will be even harder because the person who would normally give me a hug and comfort me is missing too. It’s going to be another difficult and emotional day. I miss him so much. It’s twelve weeks today since I lost him- in some ways it feels like months and others like minutes. Life is so very hard without him. 

• It's all the 'firsts' that seem to make it all harder to cope with Kenickiesmum.  Birthdays, anniversaries, milestone days and emotional days as you have tomorrow.  

All days when you miss the comforting arm, the little wink from them, just for you that could go unseen in a crowded room but conveyed the message "I'm here for you" 

Hug to you for tomorrow x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Kenickiesmum
    • Right there with you, just over a month since I list my hubby, but sometimes it seems so much longer since I held him in my arms or heard his voice. 

Reading your post at least makes me thankful that I still have both my parents, so I am so sorry that you no longer have your mum.

I shall be thinking of you tomorrow x

• It was so hard when I lost my mum but as you have said my husband was there for me, but now he isn't.

It's 3 weeks since I lost my husband and time seems to be playing tricks on me too and now I'm thinking that I can't remember his voice...

Life is so hard at the moment, you are right.

Sending you a hug and hoping you are ok xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Sarah 21

Big group hug to us all.

I am so glad that we have a few video clips on our phones so I can have my little fix if my hubby’s wonderful voice and laugh when I need it x