FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 7 replies
  • 28 subscribers

This is my 1st time writing in. I read your posts a lot, it's helped me tremendously. My husband of 40 years passed away Oct 2018. It feels like yesterday. I'm sitting in bed writing this, going to take a sleeping tablet & block it all out. Does anyone else get angry when someone says "I know how you feel, I lost my mum\dad". I know their loss is painfully but they don't know how I feel. I'm lost feel totally inadequate. Sorry. Just wanted to thank you all for getting me through this. 

• That's what us bereavers do...

"Sometimes life is hideous, other times it's worse!"

• It is still a terrible loss but definitely a 'different loss' I lost my mam 4/5years ago  but losing my husband almost 39 weeks ago is very different.  Keep posting and reading here, it's  good for us  allNeutral face

Tomorrow is another day
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to BootsyD

I’m lucky that I have never lost a parent, they are early 70s and going strong. So I don’t know what that feels like. But I would imagine as hard as that is it is very different to losing your partner in life, the one you need the most to comfort you when you experience a painful loss but is the one person who can’t be there when you desperately need them. I feel like as much as I have family and friends there to support me, I don’t really have anyone as the one person I could truly crumble in front of has gone x

• I agree Bramblejo, unless you have lost your partner you have no idea what it is like.

I've lost both my parents and when my mum died I was very upset....but there is nothing that compares with losing my husband. He was always there to put me back together if I crumbled, always knew the right words to make things better...but now he's gone and I'm alone. Xx 

• Sarah 21, I couldn't agree more. It's 12 years this month since I lost my lovely mum and I was heartbroken. But almost 11 weeks after losing my husband of 44 years, I can honestly say that I have never known a pain that goes so deep. That feeling of loneliness, despite having immediate family and amazing friends, is at times almost unbearable. 

Take care x

• Hi everyone, 

I to have suffered losses in my life tgat have been very painful and sad and left a void in my life. But i can honestly say the pain of losing my lovely husband of 47 years nothing can compare,  its like ive lost half of myself, the loneliness, and fear for the future scares me without him , he was my life , i lost him in August this year, i feel worse now than a couple of months ago, its a pain beyond words.

Thank you for listening  xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Bluebell53

I just hope that one day I won’t feel so utterly alone and can just smile and cherish my wonderful memories of my amazing hubby. There will never ever be anyone like him again that’s for sure x