Done it at last!

• 5 replies
  • 26 subscribers

We have finally got up our tree and decorations and I have got most presents! 

I am proud of what I have achieved this year. We are making this year different and new for us. We went to choose our tree this afternoon at the Christmas tree farm, just me and my children. It was fun and I bought mistletoe! A first. Hannah is dating and I think Paul may be too. Thought it would be fun.

Ric loved Christmas but because of his PTSD it could be a nightmare so this year, it will be fun and relaxed. No pressures, just us.

Steve and myself are going well but we are spending the main Christmas days apart and with our own children. We will spend New year together instead. 

Wishing all my wonderful friends here a peaceful and relaxing Christmas. Love to you all.

Love and hugs Alison XXX

• Love the tree I don't mind looking at Christmas decorations, with it being the 1st Christmas without Neil I could not put them up in the house it was hard enough having to write out 3 Christmas cards so I could put money in them for his kids that was a job that he used to do as his hand writing was better than mine 

• Well done Alison on putting your tree up Christmas treeours went up a couple of weeks ago and Xmas lights on the fence and windows by my own fair hands, not without the disaster of breaking the internet!! I'd knocked some connection wire thing out - it's fixed now No mouth

Kate the card writing thing is a task and a half!!! I have signed with Dad and Sandra for his 4 lads and his initial and my name- I felt like I needed to include him still and have also put his name on birthday cards and in brackets (because Colin would want to wish you a happy birthday)  Colins handwriting was neater than mine even though he wrote in capitals!!! 

Tomorrow is another day
  • Well done Bootsy, it sounds like you have a perfect Christmas grotto and you did it yourself. 

Well done Katie for writing any cards, that is something I haven't done! 

Love and hugs Alison xxx

• The tree looks lovely Alison..I hope you all have a good time together creating new memories. x

I haven't bothered with a tree or decorations as it's just a few weeks since losing Mark. I have written cards and enclosed letters thanking friends and family for their love and support during this year. It felt so horrible signing them just from me.

Yesterday I received a card printed 'To The Both Of You' and addressed to us both by name,  the giver was in front of me as I opened it. I'm really not sure how I felt about it, but I found it a bit weird. 

New Year's Eve will be 12 months since being shocked with the initial news of his cancer. Part of me longs for the new year so his birthday on 21st,  our wedding anniversary 22nd, Christmas Day and New Year Eve have all gone ...but then it will be hard to realise Mark will never see 2021. 

• My wedding anniversary should be the 23rd and he died on the 28th. Not sure what we are going to do yet! 

Hope you have a good Christmas anyway xxx