Christmas cards

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 13 replies
  • 28 subscribers

Hi everyone.  Christmas cards are starting to arrive, addressed to me instead of Lynn & Peter.  My first Christmas without Lynn, not sure how I’m going to manage.   Although I am lucky my son is staying with me which is really helpful at the minute and I will be visiting my daughter who lives up north over Christmas so grateful for that.  

• I have to say  i have just sent two, with  Thinking of You,

Ellie x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to ellie 73

I’m currently struggling with presents. I had bought gifts for my hubby which are still sitting here unwrapped. I have no idea what to do with them now. Do I wrap anyway and just leave them sitting under the tree or forget about them?

Also, I know my lovely hubby had already made a start with mine, as he was already quite poorly I’m guessing my stepdaughter probably has whatever it is. So that breaks my heart that she is probably wondering what to do with whatever gift she has that my hubby wanted me to have. 
    There are going to be major tears on the day I’m sure.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

So sorry to hear of your loss. My wonderful husband passed 20 weeks ago, it seems like years. I’m not coping at all well as I live alone, family all in other counties. I actually cry more now than I did earlier on.

I have had Christmas cards to both of us, a couple of lovely friends bought special Thinking of you cards....some thoughtless friends put..new year new start for you! I don’t want a new start, I want my old life back.

One thing I’ve done for our three grown up children is to have a message in my husbands handwriting put on our favourite photo of him....so he can “give” them a gift from him on Christmas Day. I’ve had the same message engraved on a key ring too. 

Take care of yourselves...Xx