Devastated

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 6 replies
  • 25 subscribers

Cannot stop crying. Ken my husband died five weeks ago. He had been fighting Cancer for just over a year. He passed away really unexpectedly after a couple of falls and damaging his kidneys. He was in hospital for four days when I couldn't visit him, they did ring me during the night as he was failing and let me sit with Ken until the end. Since then I don't know what to do with myself. I am trying to keep busy but nothing is right. My brother and family live near and they have been wonderful but it is when I am by myself I find it most hard. I know in time it will get easier. I just wanted to put something in writing. Thanks for reading this

Sue

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Sue, I am so sorry to hear about your husband Ken. I can’t imagine what you are going through right now but I couldn’t read and run! My fiancé’s nan has suddenly lost her husband this year due to Covid-19 and she has been feeling the same way. She has taken up some extra hours of voluntary work in a GP to keep herself busy as well as looking after a furry friend (dog) and seeing family as much as possible. I hope your pain eases for you! 

Becky x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi Becky thanks for your kind words. I am going to look towards volunteering. I need to have something to focus on.

Sue x

• Hi  sue i lost my hubby 6wks ago so know how your feeling its horrible isnt it, im hoping with time things will get better at least i hope so, Im not sleeping well and like you trying to keep busy as my family have families of ther own to look after and has gone back to work,im like you i try to keep busy and go for walks etc ,well not today as its raining again! Take care x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Joysue

Hi Joysue thanks for replying.  Really sorry about your hubby. I also cannot sleep. The days I manage a walk I sleep a little better. I am lucky to live a short walk to the sea. Take care of yourself

Sue xx

• Hi Sue, I am so very sorry for your loss but I am glad that you have found us here because in this group we all understand what it means to lose your partner. I have been a member of the school for 2 1/2 years and I am so glad I decided to join shortly after my husband's passing. Mind yourself and come on here and share when ever you feel like it. Love, Mel

I don't like the term "moving on" because it sounds to me like we are leaving our loved ones and the life we had with them behind. I like the term "moving forward" as it implies that, while life goes on, our loved ones are still with us in our hearts and minds. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to MelanieL

Hi Mel, thanks for your support. I will certainly stay with this site. although at the moment it's difficult to write my feelings down.

love Sue