HMRC

• 17 replies
  • 25 subscribers

A few weeks ago I received a nice cheque fron HMRC saying THEY owed Colin this money. Thank you very much. Yesterday I get a letter from HMRC saying Colin now owes them almost the same amount back. My beef is the 'responsible' accountant person who calculated the first amount should get a kick up the backside for their 'mistake' because it pees me off that had I actually spent that money (as I intended) I  would've had trouble paying it back I will now spend my day (tomorrow)off, on the phone ranting at some 1 who had nowt to do with it Triumph

Rant probably not over TriumphGrin

Have a nice day everyone Blush

• Enjoy your rant and don't forget to make them feel horribly guilty! Use widow power!

"Sometimes life is hideous, other times it's worse!"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

The tax is work out the year before so you should not owe them any money I was given some back aswell 

take care 

Martin x

• If some tit hadn't got their sums wrong in the first place I wouldn't have the stress!! Look out martin they might come at you for some dosh too!!!

Colin died 5 April so his tax should've been all paid, probably because of the company car maybe?  Might turn on the waterworks mccmcc, Sob see where it gets me lol!! No bloody where Smile

Tomorrow is another day
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to BootsyD

Hi Bootsy,

Sadly it could be to do with Colin's company car unfortunately P11ds are not required to be submitted until July following the end of the tax year.  

Any adjustments are then made retrospectively.

Sadly there is no compassion anymore, I am required to pay back one week's carers allowance apparently!

Lizzy

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Ps definitely use the "Widow's Card" you never know!!

• Alway find out if the debt is enforceable. HMRC you do have to pay! 

I did raise a cheque to repay overpaid PIP but never sent it. Found out later that government have a responsibility to ask for it back but can't enforce it.

Was going to do the right thing but then I have not received my Council Tax refund, after they hounded me to pay balance for the year (which is more than is owed back to public purse). URGH!!!.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Dutsie

Hi bootsyd 

I managed to sort out Diane’s estate out by may  she died on the 3rd of jan it does take a bit of time to sort stuff out 

take care 

martin x

• The company car has always been the thorn in Colins tax code resulting in a K code (mine is a K code now Triumph) he didn't even drive it for the last 3 months or so! I have the P11d - will they ask to see that at some point?  I know I will have to pay back 2 weeks pip payments but have to wait till they actually ask for it back!! Even though I rang and tried to repay it ages ago they seemed too keen to pay money out rather than get some back- voluntarily. I don't think HMRC will wait as long as the DWP somehow!!

Tomorrow is another day
  • Hi Dutsie, DWP know about the 2 overpayments but are in no rush for them back!! Who knows- they might say just keep it, you could have claimed sooner but didn't. Wouldn't it affect your credit rating if it wasn't paid back? They are always the winners aren't they? 

X

Tomorrow is another day
  • Martin, I think Colins last pension has been paid out now. 5 months of form filling in/ probate applications etc. so about average length of time I suppose.  I  feel my other stresser will be my own tax code/return with the pensions totals being a canny amount (in my book anyway) will I get hammered at a later date?  #baffled.com lol!!

Tomorrow is another day