Trip to Wales to scatter Mark's ashes.......or not!

• 2 replies
  • 25 subscribers

Hi all, as most of you know I went to Wales last week to our caravan to see my Dad who I haven't seen since Mark's funeral in December, and to scatter Mark's ashes on the beach at night where he loved to night fish. I was very apprehensive about going as it was the first time without him but it was lovely, strange without him but we had a lovely time. My Dad was so pleased to see me looking so well (fat!) He broke his 'no hug' rule straight away. I found it very peaceful and felt much 'lighter', hasn't lasted, as feeling a little low now I'm home and back to 'normal. We all agreed where and when we would scatter Mark but on the way my Son (18) started making comments about how he couldn't see the point and if it was me, he wouldn't leave me there on my own. So we stopped and had a chat and I decided that he obviously wasn't ready so Mark has come home with us! Apparently when our elderly dog goes it's ok to scatter them together as they won't be alone! So for now he is back on his bedside table! Ali x

• What a lovely thought from your son Heartif your dog is getting on a bit (meant in the nicest way)that's a good idea!! Pleased your dad is a rule breaker xx

Tomorrow is another day
  • Hi Ali

I am glad you had a good time, you needed that break. It is brill having a dad hug, I so missed that when we were isolated. Dad comes to me to do jobs but I know part of it is to check on me. 

You will scatter Mark when it is right for you all but at least you have all now had the conversation.

I scattered Ric last Thursday and for e it was the right time. I feel happier that I have set him free and back to his roots. It was lovely I did it alone, we had a trip around Bovington and a chat and then I scattered around one of his favourite tanks. I saw lots out training too which he would have loved. I had a couple of tears but not for long. I have saved a few ashes because I think I might have some jewellery. The strangest thing was coming back without him. But I do feel peaceful now and happy.

I will always love and miss him.

Love and hugs to you all. Here's to another break and holiday

Alison xxx