If you ever get dark thoughts

• 1 reply
  • 25 subscribers

Dear All

In the early months of my bereavement I just wanted to die and be with my Anne. I've since learnt  this is a normal reaction to losing ones beloved. 10 months on this dark thought still pops in now and again. I even have the thing I was going to originally use to end it all. But because its there in the shed I know I WONT use it. But I keep it as a constant  reminder of who I used to be. Off course I have days that hit me like a brick and I break my heart for maybe an hour or two. All it needs is a trigger. Like the TV series 'After Life.'  My goodness Ricky Gervais knew EXACTLY what grief was all about. Personal or researched? Who knows. But do you know these dark thoughts do go away. And later you say "OMG I'm glad I didn't do something stupid."  Some how the days do go on. The future I never think of. " One day at a time" as my soul mate taught during what she bravely called 'Her death sentence'  A magnificent strong woman who's strength of mind facing death has never ceased to amaze me.Bless her. So I soldier on. My darling would be appalled at the thoughts I've had in the past. So I go on because its the right thing to do. I go on because that's what my soul mate is telling me to do. Because one day we will meet in Spirit again. There is no such thing as death.

Light and Love 

Geoff x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Dear Geoff I'm pleased your on keep those dark thoughts at bay that's not the way to be reunited with your Anne , I do hope we can mate and I believe we will . You have had a loss of Anne and tonyCryt must be sore my friend. after life was great and sad Cry. Try and keep a level head Geoff and you Will get there Peace and Love.