Self isolation!!

• 6 replies
  • 24 subscribers

Hi all,

I have asthma and my cough has flared up! Bit of a runny nose, prob hayfever! Woke up with a sore throat and feel a bit under the weather, now work insist I self isolate for 7 days! 

Not sure if this will drive me nuts!!! Struggling at the moment, I wish Ric was here for a hug. I have already cried to my dad! 

It is so lonely even with my kids about! 

Love and hugs Alison xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Alison 

hope you feel better soon that’s what happened to me the other week sore throat bit of a cough had to stay at home for a week  

drove me mad try and stay as busy as you can if possible 

can I ask you a question have you had counselling I have been offered it through cruse bereavement thought I would have go see if it helps 

take care 

Martin x

• Hi Martin,

As I am sat here this afternoon I feel like it is developing into a cold. I haven't really been anywhere other than work and supermarket once! 

They made me feel pretty bad! I will see how it goes but I have done most of my main jobs! I have taken up knitting! 

I could have counseling.through work and the undertaker gave me a free number. Not really sure it will help and was told not to do.it too early! I am generally ok when I am busy, which at the moment is hard! 

Take care Alison xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Akela2516

Hi Alison 

when I’m busy I’m okay at weekends and evenings I get down more but been going for a walk in evenings when I have time depending on what I get in 

my always make you feel bad when you are off sick  you feel better in a couple of days 

I will make you laugh I took one of cocker spaniels to my mums she likes knitting was in the garden with my mum I thought Ellie was quiet she had rapped the my mums ball of wool all around herself  and stopped just as the knitting started 

I will try the counselling see if it helps 

take care

martin x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi All,

Another person struggling with boredome and lonliness. 3 weeks and not seen a family member apart from on face time. See my neighbours for a chat and occasionally bumped into friends when out running. Garden done, house spotless, no one to share it with and it's crap. Been furloughed from work so finances reduced not that i'm spending much apart from a weekly shop which was highlight of my week today. The thought of another 3 weeks fills me with dread. I get very tearful most days now as I just want my Bob back to share this isolation with. I cuddle his ashes at nights and talk to him and he sends me signs all the time but I just want a cuddle from someone.

McMillan put me on the list for councelling which was due to start 8 weeks after he died which was 12 weeks ago but obviously all this has been cancelled for now but I will certainly go when I get my offer to start. I can have 10 weeks x 1 hour one on one. I've signed the paperwork but like everything else will have to wait.

Some days I feel like i'm getting stronger and this time I keep telling myself is time to reflect and heal but now I have too much time on my hand and am so scared of losing another member of my family - My parents are in their 90's and I can't even go and see them which is killing me but I know even if I saw them at a distance and anything happened to them I would feel so guilty.

Off out for a run now which is keeping me sane and passes another hour.

Keep going everyone we are doing better than we think (I keep telling myself)

Sheila

• Hi Shelia,

It is a situation that has made grief so much harder isn't it? It is 3 1/2 months now for me. I have just been tested for covoid because of work. I know I am Ill because of stress and a cold and it has exacerbated my asthma and I am crying which is making it worse. My temp is down so I am sure it is not covoid. I have only been to work.

I am struggling there with all the cancer patients. I go home and cry because it brings it all back and I struggle to think positively for them. I put on a cheery face but it is hidden with the mask! I am sure some can see in my eyes how upset I am! I have not said anything to my manager, I am not currently working with her as we are all redeployed. There is no where else to work. My asthma means I should have been furlonged and I think my employer is panicking now! 

It is also a lot quieter and less busy.than I am used to and there is boredom at work too!

As you say everything is spotless!! 

I guess we all keep going. I never knew it was going to be so hard. I really need a hug and a chat with Ric but I know that it is impossible. Never felt so down.

Love and hugs Alison xxx

• Hi All,

I have been swabbed, felt really low and had a reminder from the coroner to write the statement that I can't quite do! Been nagged by my manager!! 

This evening I put some rubbish out in the bin and noticed the irises that Ric gave me two years ago have finally flowered by my front door. It was like a little sign from him. Cheered me up a bit. 

Love and hugs to all Alison xxx