then came back in

and said who is it.

Some's up how many people may fill

Mind you did give me a chuckle.

Take Care Ellie xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Snap Ellie

i leaned out of the window just to talk to a neighbour first real human person I’ve spoken to. Spoke to my kids and grandchildren over FaceTime but not human contact.

its shit!

Sheila

• I spent most of yesterday crying.  I can't find words to say how much I miss my partner.  Somehow I ended up on Google Maps and I 'visited' virtually some of the places we went to together in the happy times.  I'm not sure if that was a good idea because it made me cry all the more. Still crying now.

Dunlin
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Dunlin

Ahh Dublin,

Its so bloody hard isn’t it! I had a bad day the other day but after a good cry I actually felt a bit better but I know in a couple of days I could be floored again. I’m home alone so this doesn’t help with the grieving process does it so I feel like I’m “stuck” 

I keep telling myself I could use this time to “heal myself” - it’s not working!

Keep going

Sheila x

• I'm sorry to hear you are so sad I think this isolation seems to be magnifying the grief and loss we have all had it seems so unfair but I do feel sorry for the one's who are passing now no one to be with them in there iast hours

Ian
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Newb

It's just unthinkable isn't it and not being able to have the funeral they deserve, I don't think I could have lived without the final closure that our loved one's deserved. People tell me to use this time of isolation to try and heal myself and I know I should but somehow it's not working for me as much as I am really trying. I know my Bob would be proud of me with some of the New skills i'm having to learn.

One foot in front of the other, some days more productive than others and some days more tears than others but I do know i'm not alone in this grieving process and this site is helping me more than anyone will know so thank you everyone for posting, it's my social lifeline at the moment as i'm isolating on my own.

Sheila 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi all 

it’s been 3 months today.  I’ve had to go in to isolation for 7 days because I had a soar throat a bit of a cough so can’t go to work a least being at work keeps me busy so I don’t feel like me going mad. I still ask Diane to come home every day and nite life is shit   I sit a look at her pictures and talk to her  every body tells me I will feel better in time  having a rant on the site reading all the posts as every body say you are not the only one but you feel like you are some days We are a big family on here tho 

sorry for your loss Tom 

take care 

martin x

• Hope you feel better soon Martin

Take care

Alison xxx

• Hi Martin,

Sorry to hear you're poorly. 7 days can seem a very long time when you're alone. Hopefully it will just be a cold and you can return to work next week.

You'll have to try to keep busy (says me sat on the sofa watching TV in the afternoon!). Do you have any interests, ie. Reading, crosswords etc.

Take care of yourself. Ali x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to AliG55

Hi ali and Alison 

im bored sat in front of tv lol  I hobby is fishing that’s banned too lol  I hope I have just had a cold I can go back to work next week they said as long as I feel better I had a soar throat a bit of a cough tight chest  obviously I thought was indigestion but had to tell them so told me to stay at home  and I’ve eaten all the chocolate too 

take care 

martin x

• Hi Martin,

sorry your isolating it adds to the stress we are going through.

Have you a garden you can potter in?

What about provisions for the next week? 
    Have you got anyone that can do a bit shopping for you?

take care

Grief is the flip side of love