Up and down days

• 6 replies
  • 26 subscribers

Hi all

its such early days for me. I do feel my husbands presence and I have little conversations with him as I go about my day, I smile as he replies with what I know he would reply with.

I’ve cried, but I hadn’t sobbed until today, my heart feels so heavy today.

i guess I didn’t allow myself to sob as I didn’t want to disappoint him by being so sad, but I know he will understand that I have got to go through all the stages to process my grief.

i have no guilt and a clear conscience as I cared for him and listened to what he wanted and which way he wanted to live with the cancer, his words ‘I’m living with cancer not dying from it, until I’m told otherwise’.

some might say he was in denial but he wasn’t, the negative was pushed to the back of his mind and he remained positive, it worked for us and it was the only way he could get through it.

i just wished all the family could of supported him which way he wanted to be supported but instead they abandoned  him when he needed them most because he didn’t give in to their demands or behave in the way they wanted him to. It’s so sad that they could of had some wonderful memories with him if they had listened to him. 

in his last few hours he asked for them, they turned up and were having a go at him, why didn’t you ring instead of texting you weren’t that poorly that you couldn’t use your phone.

he was scared of being rejected and didn’t want to be subjected to conflict as when he tried to reach out all he got was them wanting an argument. He wanted to keep his strength for the fight against the cancer. 
I guess now, they have to deal with their own grief and conscience.

much love 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Ebony12,

Just read your post and feel for you. I am having a bad day today but from what i have just read in your post and feel that, as you have said your husbands family will be feeling much worse. People always think they know best or maybe they were the ones in denial? My husband had not told a lot of people that he had incurable cancer so were shocked when i was giving them the bad news of his passing. I was ok until the post arrived with the first bank statement with just my name on it, silly how    it can make it a bad all of a sudden. 

You respected your husbands wishes and i'm sure he was glad you did. Think we have to have the bad days so that we can feel we have had a better day. 

Keeping  you and everyone in this group close in thoughts. Be kind to yourselves. xx  

• Dear Ebony12

How often have I heard this phrase.' Some people just don't get it.'  And It seems that you and your beloved husband have maybe just experienced that. Maybe some folk hide their fear of a passing over ( I don't like the word death because we never truly die) through denial and amxiety and so continue to see whats going on as just another life event. Its only a thought I had. Hopefully in time the real truth of that sad  situation will emerge and they will have different feelings.  Let's hope they express those new feelings to you. 

Love and Light

Geoff

At the end of all our journeying will be to find ourselves back where we started knowing the place for the first time. TS ELIOT.

• Hi Geoff

We had an horrendous year on top of the cancer dealing with family issues.

the thing is his daughters talked to him about his wishes, wanted him to make a will etc and it wasn’t what he wanted to do at that moment in time.They were telling him he would have horrendous side effects from treatment before it even started, my husband did not have any side effects and questioned his consultant as to whether he had been given the correct dose, the last thing we wanted was for him to not have faith in the team that was looking after him.

his daughters, both nurses I may add, knew best they thought but didn’t listen to anything he wanted. I gave up coming on here as they seemed me out on here when I asked advice on what to do with family situation and absolutely tore into me and twisted everything I said. 
    when we married they said it changed everything and wanted him to go to a solicitor and name them as decision makers, it would not of changed a thing as I was down as next of kin as he wanted me along with his brother to carry out his wishes

much love

Grief is the flip side of love
  • Sorry if some of this does not make sense, predictive text! 

• Dear Ebony12

Your post makes complete sense, bless you.

There are clearly issues here I'm not qualified to give my opinion over other than to see that there has been some serious upsets going on for sometime. Can I just say that you remain calm and steadfast knowing that you not only loved your husband dearly but did everything you could to support him during his passing. The rest can take care of itself.

Love and Light 

Geoff

At the end of all our journeying will be to find ourselves back where we started knowing the place for the first time. TS ELIOT.

• I agree Geoff, just needed to offload.

i am incredibly proud of my husband which way he handled the situation and remained so positive throughout his illness. He really was incredible and I will carry him with me always. 

much love